Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is there a cost to join the site?
2. Are there any contractual obligations?
3. How is CPG Connect different from current generalist job board sites?
4. What are the benefits of CPG Connect?
5. What products/services does CPG Connect provide?
6. How much are your job posting credits and resume database subscriptions?
7. Why do I need to apply first before gaining access to the employer site?
8. We’re not hiring right now. Do I need to have an open job posting to join the site?
9. How will you be getting professionals online and how will you be getting professionals to upload their resume?
10. Will Recruiters also be posting jobs on CPG Connect and have access to the resume database?
11. Can HR Managers also join the professional side and create networking profiles?
12. Can I make job postings confidential?
13. How long do job postings last?
14. How long do job posting credits last?
15. I have my own application system on my corporate website. Can candidates be directed to apply there?
16. Do you have special features to help filter incoming applications?
17. I don’t have time to review incoming resumes. Do you have a service to help me out?
18. Can I add additional users to my account?
19. Can I share my account login information with Recruiters that are helping me on searches?
20. How do I know that it is secure to pay with my credit card information?
There is no cost to join CPG Connect as an employer. Joining the site is free.
There are no contractual obligations on CPG Connect. Once you are a member you can purchase however many job posting credits you would like and you can subscribe to our different resume database subscriptions at any time.
CPG Connect is different from current generalist job board sites for three main reasons:
Simply put, the BIGGEST benefit of CPG Connect is being able to reach top CPG talent in ONE place at a reasonable price!
Here are some of the benefits that you will enjoy as a customer:
Similar to other job board sites, CPG Connect offers different packages for job posting credits as well as resume database subscriptions.
Since CPG Connect is a website exclusively for the Consumer Packaged Goods Industry, employer applications first need to be approved to ensure they are a fit with the site to maintain the integrity of CPG Connect. The review process is very short and a confirmation email is sent out within 24 hours on the status of your application.
Not to worry. You don’t need to have an open job posting to join CPG Connect as there is no cost to join CPG Connect and there are no contractual obligations. It’s also a good idea to join the site even if you currently do not have any openings at your organization, as one of the key features on CPG Connect is an online company directory for professionals on the site to learn more about companies in the industry. It’s a great opportunity to showcase what’s great about working at your organization!
CPG Connect has many strategies in place to get professionals in the industry online. Given the tight knit nature of the CPG Community, the primary means that CPG Connect will be employing to get people online will include word of mouth activities like getting a select group of Brand Ambassadors to build networks on CPG Connect and getting Marketing Professors and Career Centres at Canadian Business Schools to share news of this new site with their student body.
In terms of then getting professionals in the industry to post their resume, CPG Connect has many privacy options in place to ease any concerns that professionals might have about their employer seeing them online. This includes being able to block their company from seeing their resume online and also being able to actually block individuals in the networking area.
Recruiters are able to post jobs on CPG Connect, however they are not able to subscribe to the resume database.
Absolutely! In fact, CPG Connect encourages HR Managers to also join CPG Connect as professionals and to create networking profiles. By doing so, you can build a network of people that you know in the industry and send them notes through our mailbox system when positions open up at your company to see if they have any referrals.
Absolutely. When you are posting a new job you can specify that you would like the job posting to be confidential. By doing this, your company information will not be displayed and your posting will come up as an “Unnamed Company.”
New job postings last for 60 days before expiring. If you wish for the job posting to come up higher on the list after a period of time, you would need to re-post the position which would require using a new job posting credit.
Job posting credits are good for 1 year from the date of purchase.
Absolutely! When you are posting a new job you can simply select that you would like applicants to apply on your company website. You provide us with the URL that you would like them to be re-directed to and then when they click to apply for the job they will be taken to this URL.
We most certainly do. When you are posting new jobs you can add filters to incoming applications in two ways. You can add filters based on industry specific information that candidates entered in their career profiles and you can also create and add customized filter questionnaires. Candidates meeting 80% of your set criteria will then come through your “A List” tab in your Candidate Centre and all other candidates will come through your “B List” tab.
We definitely do. In fact, we offer a variety of packages and services to help you with your different recruitment needs. Whether you need help with just reviewing incoming resumes or you need help with other areas like candidate pre-screen interviews, candidate communication and reference checks we are here and ready to assist you.
You can definitely add additional users to your account and you can also set permission settings for different users. You have complete control over what areas users on your account can view.
To start, CPG Connect does not keep or store your credit card information. Credit card information that you enter on CPG Connect is encrypted with Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol and is immediately sent straight to PayPal for processing. The encryption process protects your information, by scrambling it before it is sent to us from your computer.