Good Food, Good Life
is the very essence of Nestlé. This philosophy can be traced back to our
beginnings. The Nestlé Company was founded in 1867 by Henri Nestlé, who
developed the first milk-based baby formula. Today, over 150 years later, we
are recognized as the world’s largest Food and Beverage Company employing
around 280,000 people and have factories or operations in almost every country
in the world. Nestlé Canada has a wide variety of food, beverage and nutrition
products to help you and your family live happier and healthier lives
including: Gerber and Good Start, Nescafé, KitKat, Smarties, Aero, Delissio,
Häagen-Dazs, Boost, Purina, and Nestlé Waters. Nestlé Canada supports your
personal growth with a people-focused culture and a flexible and diverse
working environment. Find out why, There
is more to Life at Nestlé…
The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring optimal order
flow from Ice Cream Inside Sales to Ice Cream Distribution Centres. The
Distribution and Transportation Coordinator will also provide exceptional
support to Customer Service and Inside Sales through timely investigation of
non-deliveries of Ice Cream DSD orders and prompt response to
distribution/delivery enquiries concerning Ice Cream DSD.
- Adherence to Ice Cream Distribution Route Planning
- Effective management of order release versus published route
- Compliance to cross-dock requirements order release.
- Optimization of loads through daily collaboration with 3rd
- Timely management of dynamic seasonal and holiday schedules.
- Timely reporting to warehouses and/or distributors to
support execution of on time deliveries.
- Efficient management of special order requests and
off-schedule delivery requests;
- Manage Ice Cream Special Delivery requests at lowest cost to
- Support excellent customer service by providing the best
alternative delivery days.
- On-Shelf Availability met as per published target.
- Timely administration of claims and on time performance
reporting in Transportation;
- Administration management of claims: creation, filing, and
collection and administration settlement.
- Effective administrative support for Carrier On-Time
performance and carrier compliance scorecards.
- Timely publication of key transportation documents and
- Demonstrated value creation through a Lean Enterprise
- NQMA ready using Nestlé Continuous Excellence tools and
- Lean Value stream executed with supplier/partners and
- Contribution to deliver yearly OPEX targeted impacts and/or
can demonstrate results of pull and flow by reduction of waste i.e. TIMWOOD.
- A university or college degree in Supply Chain or other
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant and successful operational
experience at market/ business level in Logistics.
- Relevant operational experience at market/ business level,
in the following areas is beneficial: Consumer Products, Distribution, and
- Excellent telephone and interpersonal skills with equivalent
written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluently Bilingual English and French.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization and
with external suppliers in a professional, emotion free atmosphere.
- Able to work with a wide variety of personnel including
co-workers, management, Inside Sales, Field Sales, Agent Distributors and Third
Party service providers.
- Above average integrity and honesty.
- High level of enthusiasm and willingness to learn and share
knowledge with others.
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with SAP an asset.
Please note; Education Verification, Reference Checks and
Criminal Background Checks will be administered on suitably qualified
If you believe you have the profile we are looking for and
you want to make your mark in the World’s Largest Food and Beverage Company, we
look forward to hearing from you!
Nestlé is an equal opportunity employer committed to
diversity and inclusion. If you are
selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human
Resources of any accommodations you may require. Nestlé will work with you in
an effort to ensure that you are able to fully participate in the process.
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity; however only those
individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
The closing date for this position is June 1, 2018