Arterra Wines Canada is Canada’s leading producer and
marketer of wine and wine related products, with operations in British
Columbia, Ontario and Quebec. The company’s portfolio includes great brands
like Jackson Triggs, Inniskillin, Ruffino, Robert Mondavi and Meomi. We offer a wide range of exciting career
opportunities in sales, marketing, operations, production, finance and
administration. As a part of the Arterra Wines Canada team, employees are
encouraged to improve their skills and performance throughout their careers
through various professional and educational development programs. Arterra
Wines Canada provides a robust onboarding program in addition to ongoing
training initiatives to help employees integrate into the organization quickly
and maximize their growth potential.
We are looking for a dynamic partner to help us continue to
build up our growing compensation centre of excellence! Responsible for identifying compensation
opportunities, as well as designing, developing, supporting, and administering
Arterra Wines Canada’s compensation programs, which include merit cycle
administration, job evaluation and analysis, market competitive analysis,
survey participation and the communication planning of all programs.
- Consults with business leaders and HR business partners to
design, develop, implement, and administer innovative compensation plans that
meet business objectives and align with broader business strategies.
- Acts as primary Compensation contact in the Total Rewards
center of excellence for the HR team supporting assigned functional areas.
- Develops communications, tools, and resources to drive
integrated and consistent company-wide compensation processes. Enables and
supports a variety of initiatives through rigorous assessment of data, trends
and program cost / benefit.
- Creates variety of communications, tools, and resources to
ensure programs are understood by all audiences, and their value is maximized
throughout the organization.
- Performs all job evaluation/job analysis across
organization. Ensures job functions, families, and titles are consistently
aligned with the marketplace, and support internal organizational structures.
- Supports the administration of short-term and long-term
incentive programs and equity programs, as well as plan documentation and
acknowledgement activities, as required.
- Analyzes salary survey data and develop recommendations to
ensure competitive salary structures and variable compensation.
- Assists in the development and delivery of compensation
education for HR teams, managers and employees.
- Supports the company’s participation in compensation surveys
across functional areas and geographies.
- Helps ensure programs are in compliance with applicable
regulations, as well as corporate policies and procedures.
- With limited oversight, demonstrates capacity to develop
sophisticated models and forecasts that support organization wide decision
- Participates on additional projects as required
- Bachelor’s degree required (with a focus on a quantitative
curriculum a plus).
- 2-4 years of experience in compensation, preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and attention
to detail, including experience with modeling and costing.
- Effective verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated experience building strong client relationships
using solid interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- Highly proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Experience
using Access preferred.
Core Competencies to
- High energy and creative individual who can work well with
employees at all levels.
- Highly self-motivated individual with a desire to make
- Ability to present complex ideas, simply to diverse
- Ability to identify discrepancies and gaps and implement
change for consistency
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Ability to handle multiple deliverables and priorities.
- Ability to work with all types of highly confidential
- Learns quickly when facing new problems.
- Has flexibility to work in situations where there is no
unique, correct answer and in a dynamic business environment.
- Ability to think beyond immediate consequences.
ADA Physical/Mental/Workplace Requirements
- Sitting, working at desk/personal computer for extended
periods of time.
- Primary work environment is professional corporate office.
- Travel requirements: <10%.