Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact
culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt
marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands,
great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of
building something BIG.
The Sr. Financial Analyst – Tax will be responsible for
various Canadian income tax filings and will assist with income tax audits,
income tax provisions and tax planning projects as needed. The analyst will conduct tax research to
develop concise analyses, calculations and recommendations regarding various
Canadian tax positions in order to file complete and accurate income tax
returns. The analyst also will assist
with other tax, including some international tax matters, research and
compliance responsibilities. The analyst
will report to and support the Director, Corporate Tax who has overall
responsibility for ConAgra’s International taxes.
- Prepare complete and accurate annual corporate income tax
returns (federal and provincial), and related transfer pricing information
returns, for multiple Canadian entities.
- Prepare quarterly income tax provisions under US FASB ASC
740 for Canadian and select international entities.
- Compile concise responses and submissions to tax authorities
during government tax audits.
- Conduct income tax research on specific issues and topics as
part of Canadian income tax planning and compliance processes.
- Develop legal entity forecasts of profit before tax for
income tax provision purposes.
- Work on special tax projects that arise from time to time.
- Support the Finance group with Canadian commodity tax (HST,
QST, RST) matters.
- Support the HR group with tax research on specific payroll
- Maintain strong internal tax controls and ensure continued
compliance with SOX.
Education & Experience:
- University Degree in Accounting, or Business Administration
with accounting emphasis.
- Advanced accounting degree required: CA, CMA or CPA.
- Completion of CICA In-Depth Course (Part 1), or equivalent
(e.g. MTax) required.
- Minimum of 3 years of Canadian corporate tax experience,
either in public accounting or industry.
- Experience with taxation of Canadian subsidiaries of foreign
public corporations preferred.
- Experience with CPG industry and Canadian VAT matters
- Experience with Canadian tax compliance, tax provisions, tax
audits and tax planning.
- Basic knowledge of international tax
- Proven ability to conduct thorough tax research and develop
supportable tax positions.
- Proven ability to prepare complete set of income tax returns
with all supporting schedules.
- Proven ability to resolve income tax audits, including
responding to auditor information requests and completing tax analyses.
- Demonstrable strong analytical, research and problem solving
- Proven ability to self-direct and manage multiple projects
simultaneously to successful completion in a deadline driven environment.
- Proven ability to adapt and be flexible in a fast paced
- Proven ability to balance attention to detail with broader
goals and time limitations.
- Proven oral and written communication and interpersonal/teamwork
- Working knowledge of electronic tax research tools (e.g., EY
Tax Research), tax compliance software (e.g., TaxPrep), OneSource, CorpTax, SAP
and MS Office suite (e.g., Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and
considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color,
creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and
expression, age, disability, or any other protected factor. ConAgra Foods is committed
to working with and providing accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment,
please e-mail Canada.Recruitment@conagrafoods.com. We will make a determination
on your request for accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
À titre d'employeur souscrivant au principe de l'égalité
d'accès à l'emploi, Conagra Brands considère les postulants qualifiés pour les
offres d'emplois sans égard à la race, la couleur, les croyances religieuses,
l'origine, le sexe, l'orientation sexuelle, l'identité de genre, la langue
parlée, l'âge, le handicap ou tout autre facteur discriminatoire. Conagra
Brands s'engage à travailler et offrir des accommodements aux individus ayant
des handicaps. Si vous avez besoin d'assistance ou si vous avez des besoins
spécifiques pour votre emploi, vous pouvez transmettre votre demande par
courriel à Canada.Recruitment@conagrafoods.com. Nous prendrons en considération
votre demande d'accommodement au cas-par-cas.