Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
As the Plant Manager you will provide overall leadership for all aspects of the plant operations to include production efficiency, product quality, regulatory compliance, physical asset management, supply chain effectiveness, cost control, workplace safety/security/health, community/employee relations and human capital development. The Plant Manager owns the plant culture and the change processes needed to implement CPS (ConAgra Performance Systems) and drive zero losses.
- Develop and execute plant-specific strategic vision, mission and objectives to assure continuous improvement and alignment with enterprise vision, mission and objectives.
- Drive employee engagement, training and development to maximize safety, quality, and productivity.
- Provide direct oversight for the operations management team including production, engineering, maintenance, planning, procurement, quality, safety and logistics along with a strong connection to both finance and human resources.
- Provide leadership for assessing and enhancing plant capabilities.
- Develop and manage facility budget including capital expenditures and cost management.
- Assure regulatory compliance including but not limited to CFIA, WSIB, Labor, environmental and AAFC.
- Ensure all quality standards, specifications and policies are met or exceeded, drive continuous process / manufacturing improvements and collaborate with Research and Development in product development and implementation.
- Develop a culture based on open / honest dialog and involvement of all team members that demonstrates the value of their input / engagement in improving performance.
- Provide leadership for diversity and positive community involvement / relations.
- Drive a culture of high performance and accountability in employee and product safety as well as other aspects of the business.
- Collaborate with Human Resources and other function leaders to create and execute effective employee relations processes and develop managers to do the same in order to maintain a positive working environment and support the labor relations philosophy
- Drive collaboration with R&D and Marketing in new product development to ensure plant capabilities and production feasibility are understood and addressed.
- Business and manufacturing point of contact for a substantial contract manufacturing business. Directly responsible for customer relationship and contract administration.
- Bachelor’s Degree required (i.e. Business, Industrial Management, Engineering, Food Science, Management, Operations) required.
- 10+ years manufacturing experience required.
- 5+ years’ experience in a significant leadership role in a plant required (i.e. Plant Mgr in a large size plant).
- Experience in multiple pillars of TPM (Leadership, Organization Capability, Focused Improvement, Progressive Maintenance, Autonomous Maintenance, Early Management, Supply Chain, Quality and Safety) required.
- Manufacturing experience in a Food, Beverages, Chemical or related industry required.
- Change Management skills required.
- Experience with CFIA and Knowledge of the Canadian Agricultural ProductsAct preferred.
- Union experience required.
- Experience in a Fresh Pack manufacturing environment preferred.
- Experience in a canning manufacturing environment preferred.
- Business, Analytical and Financial Acumen Required.
- Excellent communication, presentation, negotiation skills required.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and
considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color,
creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and
expression, age, disability, or any other protected factor. ConAgra Foods is
committed to working with and providing accommodation to individuals with
disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking
employment, please e-mail Canada.Recruitment@conagrafoods.com. We will make a
determination on your request for accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
À titre d'employeur souscrivant au principe de l'égalité
d'accès à l'emploi, Conagra Brands considère les postulants qualifiés pour les
offres d'emplois sans égard à la race, la couleur, les croyances religieuses,
l'origine, le sexe, l'orientation sexuelle, l'identité de genre, la langue
parlée, l'âge, le handicap ou tout autre facteur discriminatoire. Conagra
Brands s'engage à travailler et offrir des accommodements aux individus ayant
des handicaps. Si vous avez besoin d'assistance ou si vous avez des besoins spécifiques
pour votre emploi, vous pouvez transmettre votre demande par courriel à
Canada.Recruitment@conagrafoods.com. Nous prendrons en considération votre
demande d'accommodement au cas-par-cas.