Zevia is the leading zero calorie, naturally sweetened
beverage brand. We were the first to create Sodas sweetened with stevia, a
plant-based sweetener. We have since introduced Energy, Mixers and Organic Tea
platforms to our beverage portfolio, and all of the Zevia beverage platforms
are growing at a rapid pace. Our office is a fun, entrepreneurial environment,
full of fiercely passionate and talented people determined to work together,
have fun and make consumer packaged goods history. Our Team Members are
collaborative and supportive, with an insatiable hunger to change the beverage
The Territory Manager interacts with store managers,
distributor representatives and consumers, with the single focus of growing the
brand. They are responsible for
executing Marketing initiatives in their designated territory, with the task of
delivering specific key performance metrics as assigned by Zevia.
This position involves both merchandising sets and displays
according to Zevia’s merchandising plan as well as store by store selling
activity to both chain stores and independents.
The ideal candidate has great verbal skills, the ability to be flexible
and problem solve in the field, as well has a high aptitude for brand
storytelling and for building relationships with retailers.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Represent Zevia in the marketplace with passion, enthusiasm,
and a positive approachable attitude and demeanor.
- Proactively build and maintain trusted, authentic and caring
business relationships on behalf of Zevia, with retailers and selling partners
throughout the territory.
- Establish strong customer relationships through category reviews
which identify unique retailer growth opportunities by presenting: product
knowledge training, trends and market insights.
- Maximize the availability, visibility and activation of
Zevia beverages on a store by store basis.
- Support and execute marketing initiatives. Sell quality
merchandising programs into the marketplace including new product launches,
floor and endcap displays, shelf resets and seasonal programs.
- Secure placement of additional items through shelf resets
and added cold case facings for single serve items.
- Execute company distribution, sales and volume strategies to
achieve individual Territory Manager goals and to grow Zevia product
penetration for the territory.
- Identify, plan and execute brand building and trial sampling
events throughout territory. These may include: Store sampling events, culturally aligned
tie-in events, sporting and music events throughout the territory.
- Educate, train, and interact with distributor and broker
representatives on Zevia’s products, merchandising standards, and sales
strategies to drive superior execution in stores.
- Maintain appropriate store inventory levels through
- Maintain a regimented call cycle with completion of critical
activity checklist in all accounts
- Share insights from the market with Zevia (new leads,
competitor activity/new products, trade marketing etc.).
- Minimum of 2-years of outside sales experience, in a similar
role or industry.
- Previous representation and sales experience with a
successful history in the territory.
- Excellent selling skills to include listening and the
ability to read a situation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication/presentation
- Strong planning, organizing and time management skills.
- Self-driven to succeed and surpass targets.
- Competent computer skills including: Microsoft Suite (Power
Point, Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience with CRM programs such as Shelvspace.
- Flexible and adaptable with the ability to work
independently and make informed decisions independently.
- Strong ability to positively influence others outside of a
direct reporting relationship.
- Healthier beverage segment awareness and passion for
- Knowledge on beverage category product distribution and the
logistics of delivering products to store shelves.
- Must have ability to:
- frequently lift and or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally
lift and or move up to 50 pounds.
- frequently reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel,
crouch, crawl and climb.
- travel via car on a daily basis with a valid driver’s
license and untarnished driving record.
- travel outside of local territory for multiple nights, at
least once per month to achieve merchandising goals
- start daily work responsibilities before 7:00 AM or earlier,
to attend retailer re-sets
- sometimes work flexible hours/ weekends as travel and
national marketing and consumer events requires
- Bachelor’s Degree required
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities,
but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
This job operates in the field for 90% of time, driving most
of the day and spending 10% of the time in a home office environment. This role routinely uses Surface Laptops and
cell phones to communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
The physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job.
The employee will be required to drive for extended periods
of time. He/she will be moving product
and must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift
and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must
be available during the “core” work hours and must work 40 hours each
week. On rare occasion, evening and
weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position requires local travel 60-80% of the time and
periodically, may require travel outside of territory.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be eligible to work in Canada
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities
for all qualified job candidates and employees.
To that end, Zevia maintains a workplace free of discrimination and
harassment on the basis of an individual’s race (including traits historically
associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles such as
braids, locks, and twists), color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy,
childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), gender (including
gender identity, gender expression, change of sex, and transgender status),
sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy (including
childbirth and breastfeeding), medical condition, national origin, ancestry,
marital status (including registered domestic partnership status), civil union
status, familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information,
caregiver status, citizenship status, immigration status, Civil Air Patrol
status, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault, or stalking, or any
other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law
(each, a “Protected Characteristic”).
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that
are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and
activities may change at any time with or without notice.