The Companyis one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods.The Companyservices a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The Account Manager is responsible for managing and expanding current business while overseeing all facets of Client contract(s) for the purpose of ensuring professional, quality representation of Client accounts. Manages and leads a team. The two primary areas of responsibilities are effective project and client relationship management. This position will gain a clear understanding of the Sales and Marketing function within a field sales rep organization while interacting with other functions internal to the company and externally with customers.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage client accounts to ensure needs are being met and additional business opportunities are identified while committed to delivering the agency’s own creative and business objectives and goals
- Effectively manage projects to achieve optimum results and successfully meet client expectations with innovative solutions, and progressive ideas
- Build strong relationships with clients & internal teams
- Develop and deliver regular reporting to the client and management to ensure their directives are being met
- Create and present strong presentations to clients
- Travel to meet with the client and present execution performance on a regular basis
Team management and development
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
Does not have direct reports, but may delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
Travel and Driving are not essential duties or functions of this job
Education Level: (Required): Bachelor's Degreeor equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Preferably in entrepreneurship, business or marketing
- +2 years' years account and/or client relationship management experience
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Comprehensive understanding of Marketing disciplines relevant to the account and a proven track record in managing client accounts
- Requires a technology savvy individual with retail experience
- Experience with strategically growing existing client relationships
- Proven ability to grow existing business
- Sound industry knowledge, solid judgment, and confirmed strategic planning skills
- Leadership and team management experience
- Previous experience with budget and/or P&L responsibility
- Creative ability
- Ability to exude/gain confidence & trust
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to effectively present to large and small groups in a variety of settings
- Ability to work autonomously and effectively under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Creative self-starter with strong leadership, organization, negotiation, and problem solving skills
- Analysis & problem solving skills
- Detailed oriented, organizational & time management skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities
- Accuracy in preparing and proofing client reporting
- Goal-oriented, overachiever
- Team player
- Able to work with third party properties, agencies, suppliers and media organizations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (spreadsheets, word processing, presentation development)
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time, ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Additional Information RegardingThe CompanyJob Duties and Job Descriptions
The Companyis committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to race, nation or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy and childbearing), sexual orientation, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability or pardoned criminal convictions, or any other category protected by law.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities.The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Employee understands that neither the provision of the Job Description nor any representation in this document creates a guarantee or contract of employment for any specified period of time or changes the nature of Employee’s employment, which can only be modified in a writing signed by the CEO.