POSITION TITLE: National Account Analyst
REPORTING MANAGER: National Account Manager
Wakefield Canada Inc., is a privately owned Canadian company that markets,
distributes and manufactures category leading products for the automotive,
commercial heavy-duty and industrial markets including Castrol, the #1 brand of
passenger car motor oil in Canada, and the “Super Clean” cleaner-degreaser
In2020, Wakefield will celebrate its 15th anniversary as the exclusive
Canadian marketer of Castrol lubricants. With coast-to-coast distribution and
warehousing, and a large dedicated sales force, Wakefield provides exceptional
service and innovative solutions to more than 5,000 customers in all segments,
including retailers, warehouse distributors, automotive and heavy duty jobbers,
franchised and independent installers, quick lubes, fleet companies, new car
dealers and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM).
Wakefield Canada Inc. is recognized as a Platinum Member with the Canada’s Best
Managed Companies program. This accomplishment puts Wakefield amongst the
best-in-class of Canadian owned and managed companies, demonstrating clear
strategy and vision, capability, and commitment to talent.
Working closely with the National Account Managers, customers and
cross-functional business partners, the National Account Analyst plays a key
role in ensuring that Castrol brand product assortment performance is
optimized. The National Account Analyst analyzes and manages the lifecycle of
products within Lubricant and Cleaner/Degreaser categories through acquiring
and analyzing Wakefield performance data and market trends to make
recommendations and enhancements to existing and new processes, including
forecasting, planning, replenishment and expense management. Additionally, the
National Account Analyst will cultivate and build relationships with customers
through key cross-functional projects and daily administrative tasks to
maintain and grow Wakefield’s preferred vendor status with each customer.
- Create and implement product assortments based
on category management strategies to ensure product availability.
- Plan and coordinate new product launch plans
to ensure targeted dates are met and ensure product and display
requirements are provided.
- Perform analysis based on defined lifecycle
management processes and formulate recommendations, gain approval for
recommendations, and implement with cross-functional teams to manage the
flow of inventory.
- Drive ongoing assortment planning and
lifecycle management process improvements from both a tactical and a
- Forecast any future needs for promotions or
sales and develop and recommend exit strategies for surplus and obsolete
- Coordinate and communicate with internal and
external stakeholders to ensure that assortment recommendations are
understood and effectively executed.
- Support ongoing data management exercises,
including line review analysis and/or vendor changeover.
- Become the resident expert on the retailer’s
replenishment systems and how they interact with internal systems to
better service the client.
- Interact and collaborate with team members
from Customer Care or Supply Chain departments on any issues that may
affect future order flow.
- Work closely with the National Account Manager
and provide ongoing support to them as required.
- Assume project coordination role in
cross-functional projects with customers.
- Special projects and participation as
- Self-starter that works independently, takes
responsibility, “owns the job,” and demonstrates integrity in all aspects
of the work.
- Detail and action oriented.
- Proven ability to react to unusual or time
sensitive request in a professional manner to maintain customer
- Excellent focus and concentration to offset
frequently changing priorities.
- Approaches opportunities with a strategic
perspective, takes systematic viewpoint, and delivers permanent fix rather
than a solving each issue individually.
- Honed prioritizing skills to allow optimal
performance for multiple demands in a changing environment.
- Pro-active in anticipating problems and
recommending appropriate course of action.
- Able to identify, analyze, react, and plan for
- Strong decision making, negotiating, and
problem solving skills.
- Ability to learn procedures quickly and
maintain them with a high degree of efficiency.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication
skills, a cooperative attitude, and the ability to hold matters in confidence.
- Superior communication skills with the ability
to clearly connect with all levels of employees.
- College or university degree in Business
Administration or related field would be an asset.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience with
retailer and national account systems (Retail Link, Vendor Gateway,
- Must possess strong PC skills and strong
Microsoft Suite (including Dynamics AX) and advanced Excel
- Logistics or manufacturing experience,
including knowledge of supply chain processes would be an asset.
- Proven understanding of forecasting systems