Job Title: QA Manager/SQF practitioner
Reports to: Director of Operations
Overseeing the development, implementation, review and maintenance of the Food Safety and Quality Management SQF system, to ensure compliance to SQF standard, food safety regulations, and customer standards.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Develop and maintain food safety and quality manuals; create processes to ensure Company meets all standards for food safety and quality.
- Establish, oversee and perform activities ensuring proper execution of Food Safety and quality management systems
- Review, assess, and validate Food Safety Program annually to ensure the effectiveness of the program
- Provide timely feedback to management on deficiencies and non-conformities, recommending corrective actions and preventative measures.
- Review and respond to food safety and quality concerns and act as the authority on food safety and quality issues throughout the plant
- Work closely with operations and R&D to provide food safety quality support on new and existing products
- Establish and oversee the maintenance of an accurate product database
- Ensure prompt customer response and communicate corrective action of customer complaints
- Responsible for the interaction with owner, agencies, subcontractors and internal departments on food safety and quality related matters including performance activities such as audit, program setup, program planning etc.
- Provide administrative and technical direction to all quality control personnel – includes personnel administrative, resolution of technical problems, development/approval of in-house training, etc.
- Develop and manage the Employee training program includes GMP, SOP’s, SSOP’s and HACCP
- Lead/support all the internal and external audits to maintain compliance with SQF
- Audit and assist suppliers to resolve quality issues
- Promotes a positive and professional relationship with CFIA and ensures compliance with all CFIA regulatory requirements
HEALTH & SAFETY, SECURITY AND ENVIRONMENT
- Report any Health & Safety, Security and Environment Issues to personnel with authority to initiate action
FOOD SAFETY & QUALITY
- Assures consistent Safety and quality of production by developing and enforcing food safety and quality management system; validating processes; providing documentation; managing staff.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Post-secondary education in food science is required
- Trained SQF Practitioner Level II
- 5+ years’ experience as a Quality Assurance Manager with preference to industrial bakery experience
- Expert knowledge of food safety systems, SQF, HACCP and CFIA standards
- Strong root cause analysis/problem solving abilities
- Lean/Sigma experience is a strong asset
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Production Manager
- QC technician
- SQF Consultant
MAJOR CONTACT /ORGANIZATION RELATIONSHIPS
- Director of Operations
- Production Manager
- R&D Manager