BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Company: Thomas, Large & Singer Inc.
Location: Markham, Ontario
Industries: Consumer Packaged Goods, Logistics,
Distribution, Private Label, Industrial Ingredients
Job Type: Full Time
Years of Experience: 5-7 years
Education Level: University or College
Thomas, Large & Singer Inc. is a leading provider of
comprehensive value chain solutions to leading consumer packaged goods brands
in the Canadian market as well as sales services to branded, private label and
industrial ingredient manufacturer’s.
Our dynamic team is growing at TLS. Currently we require the
services of a strong Business Development Manager to join our team for a
18-month contract. Reporting directly to the Vice President of Sales
Management, the Business Development Manager is responsible for working in
partnership with our clients to develop and execute sales and marketing
strategies in the Canadian market. This position works closely with our
clients; TLS supply chain and finance teams as well as external sales broker
partners with the territory encompassing the Canadian market.
Within the Canadian marketplace the Business Development
Manager will be responsible for developing and executing sales strategies built
in conjunction with client partners with the goal of profitably growing the
business in both dollars and market share. Execution will be done in
partnership with external national sales brokers, reporting to the candidate.
Calling on select Customers directly as well may be required. Management of
displays (including development) and marketing programs is also expected, along
with managing retail merchandising initiatives to maximize visibility and drive
sales. Development of the Food Service Channel may also be required. All the
above duties will be carried out while managing to set budgets. Autonomy will
be given to manage and leverage the tools provided to meet clearly identified
- Develop and execute client sales strategies in the Canadian
- Work closely and direct broker sales partners (Manage and
- Profitably grow share, distribution, and net sales
- Work closely with clients as main point of contact within
the Canadian market
- Manage annual sales budget forecasting and
production/inventory communication process
- Display development and merchandising execution planning and
- Deduction management and follow-up with brokers &
- Trade spend budgeting, management and continuous improvement
- Develop retail and sales broker incentives
- 5-7 years of experience in consumer packaged goods sales
management (progressive roles)
- Experience with Client and Broker Management
- Proven record of success in growing sales while managing
- Working knowledge of category management techniques (build
story by analyzing, assessing, and acting on insights)
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- University degree
- Driver’s License
- Moderate travel required (including US) for client meetings
as well as sales appointments
- MS Office including Excel, PowerPoint, Word & Outlook
- Host client on market visits and lead â€˜Quarterly Business
Reviews’ with client
- Working knowledge of Nielsen MarketTrack, IRI
- POS data software: IRI, Ldia
- Sales broker relationship management
- Customer marketing experience
What’s In It For You
- Great team dynamic and tight knit company culture. One of
the most important factors in choosing your next role is the people you work
with and our people are AWESOME!
- Flexible work environment. Ability to work from home 2 days
- Competitive compensation package (salary & bonus). We
get it – money isn’t everything, but it’s still a very important factor.
- Benefits – Health & Dental, Life Insurance, Disability
Insurance, Parameds – Massage!
- Pension Matching (after 1 year – employees put in 5% and TLS
matches with 5%)
- Tuition and professional fees reimbursement.
- Summer Hours Program – who doesn’t want to leave early on
Fridays to spend more time with friends and family while the sun is shining.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only
those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thomas, Large & Singer welcomes and encourages
applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates
taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
About Thomas, Large & Singer Inc.:
Thomas, Large and Singer Inc. provides Canada wide
consolidated distribution services to many leading brands. Combined logistics allows these brands to take
advantage of TLS’ warehousing and freight synergies while the brand owner maintains control of their
pricing, sales and trade marketing plans. TLS’ proprietary IT systems allow each brand owner real time
control of their strategies in the Canadian market. TLS also provides sales brokerage services to
companies wishing to supply private label products to Canada’s retail grocery chains as well as industrial
ingredient sales to relevant industrial manufacturers.
TLS has been servicing the needs of the Canadian consumer
for over 100 years.
To find out more, please go to our website www.tlscanada.com