General Job Description
Thomas, Large & Singer Inc. (TLS) is currently seeking an energetic Bilingual Customer Care Logistics Representative to join our growing team.
Reporting directly to the Customer Care Team Leader, the Customer Care Logistics Representative is responsible for delivering quality customer service to the TLS customer base by ensuring that all orders are processed accurately and efficiently load planned for all assigned clients. This position will be based out of our head office in Markham, Ontario.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process orders from customers received via EDI, email, fax and telephone
- Plan & optimize freight loads
- Solve delivery problems and trace orders for customers
- Confirm orders, report shortages, and "out of stocks"
- Act as liaison between clients and customers to ensure mutual satisfaction
- Daily communication with assigned carrier for equipment forecast and ensure service expectations are met
- Provide recommendations/solutions to improve service
- Maintain documentation of current client procedures
- Customize order/delivery information to increase efficiency of order processing and user friendliness
- Answer occasional calls as a back up to reception
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal in French and English
- Completed College Diploma or Certification Program in any relevant field
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years of previous order desk/customer service experience
- Ability to trouble shoot and problem solve
- Strong organization skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong Microsoft Office skills – Word, Excel etc.
- Understanding of freight / supply chain concepts beneficial
- Ability to work well as part of a team as well as independently
- Previous food industry experience with major retailers is a definite asset
Interested candidates may apply by submitting a Resume and Salary Expectations.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thomas, Large & Singer welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
About Thomas, Large & Singer Inc.
Since 1912, Thomas, Large & Singer has been a preferred buy-sell distributor in the Consumer Packaged Goods industry for many Canadian and international clients. Over the past century, the company has developed expertise in all facets of the industry from national logistics and warehousing, to order-to-cash, trade promotional control solutions, broker management and sales agency of private label and industrial ingredient solutions.
To find out more, please go to our website www.tlscanada.com