Communications & Content Manager
Our teams continue to work under a Hybrid model, with the ease of having
our North York office accessible for collaboration and/or quiet workspace.
Successful candidates will complete virtual training and perform work remotely.
Headquartered in North York, ON, with employees in Canada, the US, China
and India, NewAge is an industry-leading manufacturer and distributor of
premium home improvement solutions.
Our products are sold through major online retailers such as Lowes, The
Home Depot, Costco, Amazon, and Wayfair as well as our own e-commerce site. But
what makes us unique is that we provide a truly cohesive customer experience,
from free expert assistance designing and planning new spaces to delivery and
Our collaborative, inclusive team atmosphere nurtures personal growth,
career advancement and job satisfaction, as evidenced by our certification as a
Great Place to Work in Canada and our 4.4 out of 5 rating on Glassdoor.
With tremendous pride, we continue to receive a growing number of
industry accolades including over 75 unique product patents, awards for our
team of expert designers, prominent ranking on the Profit 500 list of Canada’s
fastest growing companies, and the naming of our founders to the Top 40 under
40 in Canada by BNN Bloomberg.
As our journey to becoming the preferred choice for premium home
improvement solutions continues, we’re adding ambitious, driven, passionate
members to our team who are inspired to be their best and ready to make a
The Communications & Content Manager’s mandate is to elevate and
nurture the company’s brand image through consistent messaging and strategy.
He/she will do everything from oversee the development of brand collateral to
developing internal and external communications and marketing strategies. They
also liaise with media to help the brand gain exposure in local, national and
His/her main responsibilities include developing, influencing and
implementing content strategies across various channels and platforms (owned,
shared, earned and paid media), including PR, corporate communications,
advertising, websites/e-commerce, social media, marketing and sales
collaterals. He/she will manage a team of junior copywriters and communication
professional to ensure brand consistency across media channels.
He/she will also lead the corporate narrative and messaging by
overseeing press releases, newsletters, and other marketing-related
publications or product launches, including the oversight of specific designs
and content of marketing materials in addition to big-picture ideas.
This role requires complete self-assurance, as the senior copywriter is
in charge of influencing consumers by delivering a clear message, as well as
using their initiative to seek out new trends and incorporate them into
campaigns effectively. Working alongside art directors, developers and
designers, senior copywriters must be keen team players and self-sufficient
multi-taskers, full of original approaches and innovative ideas.
- Manage the strategic development of content across all corporate,
consumer touchpoints and internal channels
- Write and edit a range of marketing collateral, digital content
generation and creative assets, including brochures, advertising, websites,
email campaigns, social media, blogging and internal newsletters
- Edit and fact-check pieces of content generated by colleagues (i.e.
- Deliver insightful creative concepts in response to briefs for
advertising and marketing campaigns across multiple media: print,
digital/social, time-based (long & short form video), events
- Provide hands-on advertising support for assigned departments
(E-commerce, B2B Sales and Marketing)
- Identifies and presents opportunities for consistency in messaging and
customer experience across channels from in-store signage to digital to print
- Develop POS Materials for new products, retail merchandising and
existing product range
- Supports in-house and external graphic designers, photographers, and
other media-production specialists integral to the completion of marketing
- Contribute ideas for new programs, researching and recommending
innovative branding techniques
- Adjust and communicates plan changes as necessary to ensure costs for
materials, media, and labor are in line with the sales potential for a specific
product or campaign.
- Develop video scripts in collaboration with Media Production team and
- Research, and become an expert across all product lines and new product
releases, to effectively communicate features and unique selling proposition to
- Track industry trends and competitive activity as they pertain to
content marketing, and help inform on best practices to elevate brand equity,
positioning while strengthening advertising and CRO performance
- Develop ongoing measurement of content use and value; set goals and
report on effectiveness
- Analyze web analytics and user behavior insights; use data to provide
- Apply optimization best practices to write copy that helps pages achieve
increased traffic, engagement and high ranking across search platforms
- Responsible for accuracy and substantiation of product claims in
marketing copy in collaboration with Product Developers and Legal team
- Design and execute strategic communications campaigns to increase
awareness and engagement with the company vision, values, and business
- Oversee all relevant marketing communications, both internal and
external, ensuring messaging and tone is appropriate, consistent and engaging
with intended audiences
- Lead the creation of processes andtemplates to standardize
community outreach efforts
- Liaise with influencers, media and beyond in order to secure positive
coverage on a national and global level
- Build and manage a team of communications professionals
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or Journalism.
- 7-10 years of communications experience in e-commerce retail (B2B/B2C),
ideally for premium global brands in North America and Europe.
- Ideal experience in Omni-channel environments within premium durable
goods in the home improvement, décor, design and storage solutions space
- Self-starter, agile, resourceful, analytics and creative mindset with
excellent leadership and organization skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing
abstract ideas into concrete design implications.
- Proven success designing and executing marketing and communications
strategies and campaigns
- Strong understanding of social media trends and platforms with community
management best practices
- Experience communicating and teaching others how to communicate using a
social, trendy, and human voice in the comments and direct messages of social
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, with the ability to
communicate and engage teams towards a common vision
- Up to date on industry trends and able to stay ahead of the curve
- Use SEO practices to optimize content.
- Stellar writing and editing abilities.
- Occasional local travel / valid driver’s license required
- Salary and bonus is based on experience and highly competitive for the
- Benefits package
- An opportunity within a growing, fast-paced company, well established in
- Fun! We celebrate successes, and hold special events to build strong
How to Apply:
If you’re intrigued by job profile described above, we invite you to
apply with your resume and cover letter illustrating how you would be an ideal
fit with our team. We thank all interested candidates for applying, and will
contact those who qualify for an interview. No phone calls please. Offers of
employment are contingent on the successful completion of a thorough background
Headquartered in North York, Ontario, with employees in the US, China
and India, NewAge is committed to being a trusted brand in the home improvement
industry by offering unique products, exceptional value and a best-in-class
As a company, our core values are to simplify the complex, respect the
dignity of all people, operate with integrity and openness, recognize our responsibilityto the team and take a customer centric approach to everything we do.
NewAge Products is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusion
and diversity. We provide employment accommodation in accordance with the
Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities
Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources
if you require any accommodation.