With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and
belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we’re
the world’s #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We’re
Mondelēz International, a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80
countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are
marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY by
building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD.
As part of Manufacturing, you’ll use your skills, our
systems and a wide array of raw materials to help create the delicious finished
products our consumers love. While taking ownership in your area of work,
you’ll also ensure the safety of yourself and your colleagues while producing
our top-quality products reliably and efficiently within our integrated supply
Nature and Scope
The Maintenance Mechanic will ensure the efficient and
reliable operation of high speed and complex processing and packaging
equipment. This includes
troubleshooting, problem identification, maintaining, testing, installing and
conducting all mechanical repairs on all of the processing and packaging
- Inspection, troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of all
high-speed machinery in processing and packaging areas.
- Conversion of high-speed packaging machines to take new
product format changes.
- Investigate, recommend and execute modifications to improve
- Perform safety inspections, lubricate and make repairs or
adjustments on machines when required
- Check machines in operation on a continual basis in order to
detect problems; exercise judgement in executing necessary adjustments as
required in order to maintain quality control standards.
- Perform minor electrical repairs on machines.
- Work from blueprints and operate machine shop equipment.
- Share questions, learning’s and best practices with fellow
mechanics in order to contribute to machine efficiency levels and decreasing
machine breakdowns and downtime.
- Keep accurate maintenance records and journals.
- Work in conjunction with the Engineering department with
regards to machine modifications and the installation of new machinery and
- Work closely with operating colleagues to ensure that high
quality products are produced while maintaining budgeted efficiencies.
- Knowledge and understanding of SOP’s and work instructions
- Understand, participate and support all safety programs,
policies, and initiatives within the manufacturing location
- Understands and follows Ewen Manufacturing food safety
systems and procedures
- Responsible for ensuring all products produced meets all GMP
and food safety requirements
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Primary contacts required to fulfill the major
responsibilities would include Manufacturing Team Leaders, Inventory, Process
control coordinators, maintenance and Team Lead
- Work normally requires a moderate level of physical effort
in bending, lifting, and manual dexterity.
- Work normally requires a high level of mental effort in
reading, creating written documentation, meeting deadlines, problem solving,
and trouble shooting and repetitive tasks.
- This position occurs in a food manufacturing setting (plant
- Exposure to noise, raw materials, some dust and variable
temperatures is common
- The use of personal protective equipment is required,
particularly protective footwear and hearing protection as well as hard hats
and safety glasses when required
- A college or trade school diploma in a mechanical trade.
- Completion of a recognized apprenticeship and possession of
certification in a related mechanical trade.
- 5 years of experience as a production or industrial
mechanic, preferably in the packaged goods industry.
- Initiative, good communication skills, ability to work as
part of a team with little direct supervision.
- Ability and willingness to work various shifts, including
alternate shift structures. This includes weekends, nights and holidays.
- Ability to use machine shop equipment such as lathe and
milling machine; welding experience preferred.
- Ability to meet physical demands of lifting and maneuvering
- Sound judgement and problem-solving skills.
- Computer literacy, Maximo, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel
and PowerPoint highly desirable.
- Results-oriented and a strong sense of urgency/focus.
- Lift Truck license an asset.
If you are applying to a position in Canada, accommodations
for applicants with disabilities or other grounds protected by human rights
legislation are available upon request for candidates taking part in all
aspects of the employment selection process.
For all internal and external applicants who require
accommodation in the recruitment and selection process please contact
847-943-5460 for assistance/support. Applicants must complete all required
steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to
be considered for this position.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the
application process, including providing education and work history, in order
to be considered for this position. All applicants will receive an email after
submitting the first stage of the application. This email will include a link
to return to the second stage of the application process. If you had previously
submitted a resume, you will need to confirm/verify education and work history.
For those that did not submit a resume, you will need to manually enter
education and work history.