is a 1 year assignment.
This role's main function is the Operational
integration of new products and automation into the factory which includes
execution of all CVS (Commissioning, Validation, and Start Up) activities and
training of Mars Associates. Inherent to these responsibilities is the
operational planning, preparation and execution of projects working internally
with other site associates and externally with Central Project Managers and the
Central Engineering Team.
During the start-up of a major capital project,
this position will focus on developing and executing the CVS plan and training
of new associates. This will be measured by learning curve
achievement. After the factory reaches learning curve objectives, the
focus will shift toward improving the new installed processes.
What we are looking for:
- At least 2+ years in a project management role
- Previous continuous improvement (CI) experience and/or previous experience
using CI tools (5S, Kaizen, TPM, lean, etc)
- Previous experience in a manufacturing facility
- Strong analytical and problem solving
- Under graduate degree
- Understanding of Mars capital appropriation processes
- Knowledge of Mars quality systems and lean manufacturing principles
- Strong working knowledge of manufacturing, warehousing and/or
engineering functions in a food processing/distribution facility
- Develop the CVS plan for new projects and execute all CVS
activities including commissioning, validation and start-up for all major
and small minor projects at the site.
- Coordinate site CVS activities including allocating resources,
collaborating with the engineering team, leading cross-functional
decision-making teams concerning project activities, developing the CVS
plan, creating standard operating procedures and maximizing the
operational effectiveness of start-up
- Establish and manage the CVS/Training budget for new and existing
- Communicate with plant management to ensure appropriate resources
are in place
- Create Standard Operating Procedures and Best Practices
Instructions to maximize operational effectiveness and manage the flow of
- Transfer equipment knowledge and operation through formal and
informal associate training
- Attend/support VAT/FATs as needed for projects
- Responsible for creating and managing the CVS team budget.
- Working in partnership with the Project Engineering Manager.
Engineering drives the project through Engineering Checkout and the
CVS Manager takes the lead through the Commissioning, Validation and
- Responsible with Central engineering managers to ensure
communication paths are set up to keep all departments informed of
What can you expect from Mars?
- The opportunity to learn, develop and take charge of your own
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package.
- To be respected and valued.
- The Five Principles at the center of every decision we make.
- The opportunity to work cross functionally, add value and impact a
better world for generations to come.
Mars is a family-owned business with more than $35 billion in global sales. We
produce some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’sÂ®, SNICKERSÂ®, TWIXÂ®,
MILKY WAYÂ®, DOVEÂ®, PEDIGREEÂ®, ROYAL CANINÂ®, WHISKASÂ®, EXTRAÂ®, ORBITÂ®, 5â„¢,
SKITTLESÂ®, BEN’S ORIGINALÂ® and COCOAVIAÂ®. Alongside our consumer brands, we
proudly take care of half of the world’s pets through our nutrition, health and
services businesses such as Banfield Pet Hospitalsâ„¢, BluePearlÂ®, Linnaeus,
AniCura, VCAâ„¢ and Pet Partnersâ„¢.Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars
operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality,
Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire our 130,000
Associates into taking action every day towards creating the world we want