This position will be the main support for all
R&D activities within their respective site including but not limited to
the trials and start-ups of new products, packaging, and raw materials.
This position will lead process development activities for basic new product
development projects that do not include major new ingredient streams and new
technologies. In addition, this position will also implement sustainable
process improvement initiatives & COGS through the use of root cause and
statistical analysis tools and be the Process representative in site HACCP and
Risk Assessments at their respective site. This role requires ability to
use and apply basic knowledge of Quality & Engineering disciplines
including Statistical Process Control, to execute activities aligned with the
overall Petcare R&D strategy. Significant collaboration is expected with
Quality, Supply and Engineering including CVS support.
What we are Looking for:
- Associate degree (technical or engineering related) and/or 3+
years’ experience in an R&D, engineering, or product/process
- Ability to travel 15% of the time
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Chemical, or Food Process
Engineering or related discipline.
- Multi-site working experience
- Support the effective execution of line trials and process
- Support test plans and use SPC data analysis to quantify key
process and packaging machine parameters and fundamental mechanisms at
both pilot and factory scale.
- Implement scalable operating specifications collaboratively
developed with Product Development and Process development to achieve
exceptional product attribute targets and ensure superior product quality
and food safety.
- Provide SPC System support to Supply, Quality, Process Development
& Product Development on existing processes
- Basic understanding of Lean Thinking principles and Value Added
- Work as part of the R&D team to support the scale-up risk and
introduction of technology into supply chain
- Pursue process improvement opportunities as agreed upon and
prioritized by the Process Development Manager & COGS Team, across the
factory network focused on reducing waste, downtime and/or energy usage
and/or increasing production rates
- Participate R&D at site FMOS meetings, daily product quality
cuttings, and CI discussions.
- Minor Project and Budget responsibilities are required with
potential contractor and technician management responsibility.
Mars is a family-owned business with more than $35 billion in global sales. We
produce some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’sÂ®, SNICKERSÂ®, TWIXÂ®,
MILKY WAYÂ®, DOVEÂ®, PEDIGREEÂ®, ROYAL CANINÂ®, WHISKASÂ®, EXTRAÂ®, ORBITÂ®, 5â„¢,
SKITTLESÂ®, BEN’S ORIGINALÂ® and COCOAVIAÂ®. Alongside our consumer brands, we
proudly take care of half of the world’s pets through our nutrition, health and
services businesses such as Banfield Pet Hospitalsâ„¢, BluePearlÂ®, Linnaeus,
AniCura, VCAâ„¢ and Pet Partnersâ„¢.Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars
operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality,
Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire our 130,000
Associates into taking action every day towards creating the world we want