A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in
business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the
opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what
you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the
planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the
tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people
on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to
do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career,
you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a
single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach
here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having ideas. And
ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means
we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that
makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about
more than just a job.
Mars has net sales of more than $33 billion, operates six business
segments including Petcare, Chocolate, Wrigley, Food, Drinks, Symbioscience,
and more than 75,000 Associates worldwide that are putting its Principles into
action to make a difference for people and the planet through its performance.
Mars brands include: Petcare – PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®,
BANFIELD® Pet Hospital, CESAR®, SHEBA®, DREAMIES® and NUTRO®; Chocolate –
M&M’S®, SNICKERS®, DOVE®, GALAXY®, MARS®, MILKY WAY® and TWIX®; Wrigley –
DOUBLEMINT®, EXTRA®, ORBIT® and 5™ chewing gums, SKITTLES® and STARBURST®
candies, and ALTOIDS® AND LIFESAVERS® mints. Food – UNCLE BEN’S®, DOLMIO®,
EBLY®, MASTERFOODS®, SEEDS OF CHANGE® and ROYCO®; Drinks – ALTERRA COFFEE
ROASTERS™, THE BRIGHT TEA COMPANY™, KLIX® and FLAVIA®; Symbioscience –
COCOAVIA® and WISDOM PANEL®.
Mars Canada is a subsidiary of the US family-owned business known as
Mars, Incorporated, one of the leading global manufacturers of branded
products. Established in the late 1940's, our three segments – Petcare,
Chocolate and Food help Canadians celebrate life everyday through food
experiences. We are an organization that is guided by our Five Principles:
Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom. It is putting these
principles into action that allows us to make a difference to people and the
planet, through our performance.
The Retail Representative within an
assigned territory and is responsible for assigned customers. The key
responsibilities are selling distribution and merchandising products.
Selling and Distribution:
- Responsible for suggesting order and selling
presentation programs to customers.
- Presenting and selling booking sheets to
- Maintaining distribution of assigned products
- Ensuring shelves are stocked with all listed product
- Refilling of merchandiser fixtures, including
Mars Canada racks as well as working with the customer to secure secondary
space for building of display
- POS where applicable
- Rotation of products both on-shelf and in
backroom to ensure optimal product quality and freshness
- Maintain appropriate data either through
hand-held technology or in paper form as determined by the business
- Proper territory management through customer
coverage that involves efficient and effective use of time and
- Must plan and organize route schedule
according to company call coverage model, complying with the frequency and
time-in call for each banner.
Communication and Administration:
- Keep DSM up-to-date regarding territory
- Maintain an adequate stock of relevant
merchandising supplies and POS materials.
- Ensure Retail Representative Sales Manual is
maintained and kept up to date with relevant information.
- Follow company procedures for processing
- Read through and understand content of weekly
- May be responsible for supporting special
projects for Sales team as assigned
- All other duties and responsibilities as
Key Lateral Responsibilities
- Marketing Teams
- Other responsibilities
Key Technical Knowledge and Skills
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to merchandise products
in a variety of outlets
- Good written and verbal communication and
one-on-one presentation skills
- Ability to store display materials/POS at a
secure/personal location at no cost to the business
- Demonstrated self-motivation with the ability
to execute a distribution/display plan with limited supervision
- Ability to lift product (maximum lifting
requirement 50 pounds)
- Ability to drive approximately 100 km daily
while making sales calls
- Ability to sustain repeated movement which
includes but is not limited to in and out of car movement, bending,
leaning, reaching, pushing, pulling and grasping motions
- Ability to use hand tools like Scotty peelers,
pliers, wrenches and screw drivers to assemble displays
- Ability to secure level of vehicle insurance
coverage as determined by Company
- All other duties and responsibilities as
- Responsible for following all Quality and Food
Safety Policies and applicable procedures.
- Preferences will be given to a bilingual
candidate in French and English
A criminal records check will be required for this position.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation
during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon
request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant
will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Mars Canada is committed to equity in employment and diversity. Mars
Canada will provide an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to
applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights
Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you
require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform
Mars Canada of your requirements. For more information please review Mars
Canada'sAccessibility Policy and address any questions about that policy