At Kruger Products we see your greatness, and we know
firsthand that great things happen when people with a shared vision work
passionately to make everyday life more comfortable for our consumers. Making
tissue products that North Americans trust and love is what drives us and what
we do best, and it’s one of the many reasons why we are recognized as one of
Canada’s best places to work. We manufacture and distribute Canada’s leading
tissue brands for household and commercial use with well-known, leading brands
like Cashmere®, Purex®, Scotties®’, SpongeTowels®, White Swan® and Embassy®.
We are leaders in our communities, leaders in
sustainability, and leaders in connecting with our customers and consumers. Our
2500 associates are spread across eight manufacturing plants in Quebec, British
Columbia, Ontario, Tennessee as well as in our corporate headquarters in
Our ticker symbol KPT trades publically on the Toronto Stock
Exchange under the symbol KPT. Our majority shareholder, Kruger Inc., is a
Canadian-based fourth-generation family company that transforms renewable resources
into sustainable, high-quality essentials for everyday life, owns and operates
38 green energy power plants and is a North American leader in paper and
Our team is growing, and we are looking for an Operational
Excellence (Op Ex) Program Manager.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
You will support the Operational Excellence (OpEx) Director
in leading the overall change program including change management and
Key Deliverables – Enable and support the Kruger Products Op
- Support Program Director with day-to-day issue resolution
- Support implementation of Kruger Op Ex Elements including:
- Engineering project
- Progressive Maintenance
- Focused Improvement / Continuous Improvement
- Education and Training
- Work Process Improvement
- Zero Defects / Quality Management
- Initiative Management
- Safety, Health and Environment
- Supply Network
- Paper Making
Design and implement best practices for gathering, measuring
and reporting Kruger Products KPIs, including scorecards, governance and
analytics, to ensure one source of fact based truth at all levels of the
organization starting at Shop Floor up to CEO.
- Lead program reporting activities – e.g.: create KPI
reporting process, measure /track progress against goals, assess impact of
actions being taken to ensure plan is aligned to deliver results and drive
cadence for reporting results.
- Plan and schedule weekly update meetings with senior
management and work closely with Program Director and site leads to identify
and communicate pain points and resolution options.
- Develop analytical tools to accelerate decision making and
scenario planning capabilities, update KPI reporting process, and track
progress against goal
- Engage with all teams to identify data sources and ensure
- Influence and motivate plant leadership team alignment.
Oversee centralized training program that will build Op Ex
capability across sites and ensure complete program roll out by end of 2021
- Develop and coordinate on-boarding program for site program
leads and execution teams
- Coordinate training events across sites and develop content
of training curriculum for program roll out
- Develop internal resources to support site roll out of Op Ex
- Work with Program Director to drive continuous improvement
Influence program strategic direction, objectives and
priorities to deliver $50MM in annual savings by end of 2021
Support and foster knowledge transfer across the network
- Strong leadership and program management skills and the
ability to navigate across the organization to keep projects on track.
- Manufacturing leadership experience, ideally in a process
and packaging environment (1-3 years at plant leadership level).
- Proven presentation and communication skills with
stakeholders of all seniority level
- Proven experience and passion for improving processes,
gaining efficiency and productivity
- Strong interpersonal skills and coaching capabilities to
help guide and support people and teams through change curve
- Proven data and analytics skills and ability to drive
- Bilingual, French and English
- Technical knowledge of Paper Making/ Converting, ideally in
- Experience and understanding of Op Ex (Lean / Six Sigma)
principles and methodologies
Experience and Education
- 1-3 years of manufacturing leadership experience
- Post-secondary degree – Engineering or management preferred
- A Master’s degree or an MBA will be an asset
- Certification in Op Ex levers preferred (Lean/6σ certified)
- Prior leadership experience
Location is flexible; based in one of the mills or at our
Mississauga head office.
If you enjoy building programs that empower people to be
their best and you want to do this in a values-based, performance-driven,
family-friendly team culture, then this job is for you. Come be a part of our
team and unleash your greatness with Kruger Products!
Kruger Products is an equal opportunity employer and
encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Accommodation will be
provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under KPLP’s
Accessibility Policy and Multi-Year Accessibility Plan - 1.04.33. Applicants
need to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Kruger
Products but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.