Kruger Products L.P.is
most well known as the leading manufacturer and distributor of Canada’s leading
Tissue Brands (including CashmereÂ®, PurexÂ®, ScottiesÂ®’, SpongeTowelsÂ®, White
SwanÂ® and EmbassyÂ®) for both the consumer and away from home markets, but we’re
quickly becoming known as one of Canada’s best places to work as well.
We are leaders in our
communities, leaders in sustainability, and leaders in connecting with our
consumers. Our headquarters is in Mississauga, ON, but we proudly have nearly
2,500 employees spread across seven manufacturing plants in Quebec, British
Columbia, Ontario, and Tennessee. Our publically-traded entity, KP Tissue Inc.,
is listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol KPT. We recently
acquired Metro Paper Industries to continue to build on our leadership position
in the industry.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Ensure that supplier, pay, and general
accounting transactions are compliant and processed. Responsible for
monthly book closing activities and for preparing and presenting
performance management information.
- Give financial advice to management team. Be
able to advise various stakeholders on the impact of their actions on the
- Provide financial data on management
decisions. Check financial information systems and ensure they are
effective. Make sure that appropriate internal control systems are in
place and available.
- Prepare and present the annual manufacturing
budget, objectives and monthly variance reports comparing year-to-date
expenditures and production rate variation.
- Maintain a monthly scoreboard and a dashboard
to verify the Region’s performance.
- Participate in the Management Group and play a
key role in decision-making affecting Region West. Sit on the Capital
Committee and maintain a high level of participation in verifying its
- Train accounting employees as well as
employees working in the Company’s other activity sectors, depending on the
needs. Train, develop and efficiently use personnel to contribute to the
- Promote the OHS vision and mission for the
plant. Assist with the annual health and safety management review and
participate in or review accident investigations.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- University degree in Business Administration
- Minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in
accounting and no less than three (3) years’ experience as an accounting
or finance supervisor
- Professional accounting designation mandatory
- Experience in an industrial setting and an
understanding of plant operations and product costs
- Basic knowledge of audits and extensive
knowledge of internal control
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and SAP software
- Strong leadership skills
- Innovative thinker
Kruger Products is
an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified
individuals. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring
process as required under KPLP’s Accessibility Policy and Multi-Year
Accessibility Plan - 1.04.33. Applicants need to make their needs known