High Liner Foods is North America's largest marketer of frozen, value-added, seafood products â€” a family of passionate people and strong brands with a dedicated vision of "Reimagining Seafood to Nourish Life" for more than 120 years!
Our secret to success is simple. It’s our people. We believe in building a high-performance organization by investing in our people. We are focused on developing future leaders from within, fostering individual capacity for leadership with personalized training and development plans for all employees.
Working with the Retail sales team, the Key Account Manager is responsible achieving annual volume sales and gross margin targets by effectively partnering with and managing their key accounts. In this role, the incumbent will develop customer growth strategies and plans that align to both High Liner strategic goals and customer goals, as well as building and strengthening relationships with key customers to foster trust.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
- Successfully develop, maintain and oversee customer relations interacting with customers, reviewing and discussing the business relationships and proactively managing key issues/problems
- Work closely with key customer contacts to support daily business activities. Uncover and understand the needs of the customer and deliver value propositions and company messaging to key account. Create customer presentations to support messaging.
- Work closely with Customers, Sales Director, Sales Operations, Marketing and Finance to develop and implement annual business plans designed to achieve sales objectives, contribution goals, volume objectives, trade spending requirements.
- Analyze and understand industry market trends, competition, products, and pricing that may impact sales efforts and communicate this information to Sales team to develop plans to course correct where necessary
- Identify opportunities and challenges within accounts and create strategies to maximize sell through, profit, revenue and market share.
- Provide regular reports to management on key opportunities, new business, business at risk, market trends, customer based performance insight and competitive data.
- Understand competitive behaviors and implications to High Liner. Develop and implement proactive plans to address.
- Manage merchandising planning and development (product assortment, trade promotion, regular/feature pricing & space management recommendations) including the identification and implementation of unique ways to merchandise the business.
- Forecasting using market intelligence and customer POS data
- University degree in Business, Commerce or related field.
- 5 years of sales experience, preferably in consumer packaged goods organizations.
- Excellent negotiating, assessment and analytical abilities.
- Practical experience with category management.
- Strong technical skills, with proficiency in MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint and working knowledge of syndicated data sources (i.e. Nielsen, DunnHumby, IRI, etc.)
- Willingness to travel as needed to drive business results if needed.
Candidate must reside in the Greater Toronto Area. Office is located in Mississauga, but remote work is also available.