At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat forever
by offering our customers high quality food and recipes for different meal
occasions. Over the past 10 years, we've seen this mission spread around the
world and beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are a global food solutions group
and the world's leading meal kit company, active in 16 countries across 3
continents. So, how did we do it? Our weekly boxes full of exciting recipes and
fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of customers looking for
delicious, healthy and sustainable options. The HelloFresh Group now includes
our core brand, HelloFresh, as well as: GreenChef, EveryPlate, Chef's Plate,
Factor, and YouFoodz.
Location: 3520 Laird Road, Mississauga L5L 5Z7
Shift: 3:00 pm to 11:30 pm (5 days a week including
weekends, with 2 consecutive days off)
About the Role
We are looking for a full-time Sanitation Supervisor for our
Ready-to-Eat meals production facility. Under the guidance of the FSQA Manager
and National Sanitation Manager, the Sanitation Supervisor will be involved in
overseeing the Sanitation process in all aspects, ensuring that the
site/facility remains clean and tidy, and conforms to all the required
Sanitation standards. The Sanitation Supervisor will be responsible for daily
plant sanitation activities while supporting any continuous improvement initiatives.
The Sanitation Supervisor will also be responsible to manage, lead, coach and
mentor a group of sanitation leads and associates. The incumbent will be tasked
to collaborate with different departments to achieve optimum results, in
addition to building and maintaining relationships with outside sanitation
What you will be doing:
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by training and
coaching associates on chemical handling, use of equipment and general
- Oversee, supervise, coach and train a team of inhouse
Sanitation leads and associates.
- Maintain and track the Master Sanitation Schedule (MSS) in
collaboration with Production, FSQA, Maintenance, and Health and Safety.
- Actively involve and represent sanitation requirements to
- Monitor and report weekly sanitation metrics (Pre-Op
Inspections, MSS Adherence, EMP Results).
- Support timely start-up of production by ensuring all
areas/equipment areas are cleaned and sanitized in a timely manner.
- Order and maintain chemical inventories as well cleaning
- Develop a sanitation training program, train sanitation
leads and associates on SSOPs to meet all job requirements and ensure
compliance with all company and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for building a sanitation labor plan, reviewing
and approving timesheets, scheduling, and conducting performance reviews.
- Perform quarterly KPIs for third party cleaning contractors
and chemical suppliers.
- Creating and revising SSOPs based on facility equipment and
- Work with 3rd party sanitation contractors and chemical
supplier technical staff in troubleshooting and eliminating root cause issues
- Conduct and participate in seek-and-destroy activities as
- Drive changes related to Sanitation and improve Sanitation
- Ensures that all sanitation equipment and systems (i.e.
central systems) are current and in proper functioning order by ensuring all
employees adhere to an effective preventative monitoring program.
- All other duties, as assigned.
At a minimum, you have:
- Post-secondary education in Biological or Food Sciences, or
equivalent work experience (at least 3 years) in a sanitation role within food
manufacturing facilities. Candidates with experience working in high risk /
high care food manufacturing (RTE, meat processing) are preferred.
- 1+ years of supervisory experience working in Sanitation.
- Knowledge in Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point
- Experience in sanitation procedures, cleaning systems,
chemicals and HSE.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with all levels
of the site, organization and 3rd party contractors.
- Data driven approach towards problem solving with emphasis
on root cause analysis and corrective/preventative action implementation.
- Ability to collaborate with internal groups and 3rd party
- Proficient skills in Google applications (Gmail, Google
Sheets, Google Slides, etc.).
- Ability to lead, motivate, coach, and build high performing
- Flexibility to work nights and weekends as required by the
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary and health benefits
- 75% discount on HelloFresh or Chefs Plate weekly box
- High impact work to help feed thousands of families in
- Opportunity to learn and grow
- Work with a hard-working and supportive team
It’s no surprise that as a food company, we use many
ingredients that may be considered common allergens (i.e. peanuts, tree nuts,
milk, etc.). Whether this role is based out of our headquarters or one of our
distribution centers, it is possible that you may be exposed to such allergens
in this role. If you have any concerns with being exposed to any particular
food ingredients, including meat, please disclose this during the hiring
We believe that sharing a meal brings people of all
identities, backgrounds, and cultures together. We are committed to celebrating
all dimensions of diversity in the workplace equally and ensuring that everyone
feels a sense of inclusion and belonging. We also aim to extend this commitment
to the partners we work with and the communities we serve. We are constantly
listening, learning, and evolving to deliver on these principles. We are proud
of our collaborative culture. Our diverse employee population enables us to
connect with our customers and turn their feedback into meaningful action -
from developing new recipes to constantly improving our process of getting
dinner to our customers’ homes. Our culture attracts top talent with shared
values and forms the foundation for a great place to work!
At HelloFresh, we embrace diversity and inclusion. We are an
equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of an
individual's race, national origin, color, gender, gender identity, gender
expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, marital status or
any other protected characteristic under applicable law, whether actual or
perceived. As part of the Company’s commitment to equal employment opportunity,
we provide reasonable accommodations, up to the point of undue hardship, to
candidates at any stage, including to individuals with disabilities.