Conagra Brands has the most energized,
highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt
marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands,
great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of
building something BIG.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot/ diagnose equipment failure and carryout repairs
- Work around and in close proximity of rotating (operating) equipment in
order to diagnose suspected probable failures
- Conduct regular preventive maintenance to reduce down time
- Install and dismantle machinery and equipment according to plans which
involves working at heights, climbing ladders and using mobile equipment.
- Determining parts required for repairs and replacement
- Operate mobile equipment used in the repair, installation or fabrication
of equipment including but not limited to lathes, welders, milling machine,
drills, grinders, hammers, wrenches, blow torches and other variety of power
- Report any food safety and/or quality issues to the Lead Hand and or
Supervisor to ensure appropriate resolution
- Participate in improving operations through effective planning and
scheduling of building and equipment maintenance activities and resources
- Prepared all aspect of the maintenance department to ensure that
equipment and building are operating effectively
- Complete assigned and schedules work orders and carry out preventive
- Manage capital and operating expenses for maintenance within budgets and
- Follow all maintenance procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory
codes while maintaining a safe workplace environment
- Request for procurement and arrange for direct building and equipment
maintenance/repair, parts and services
- Comply with and follow all safety regulations including Work Safe BC
regulations and Garden Protein International plant rules and regulations
- Follow all company policies and procedures, including: GMP, SQF, HACCP,
Health & Safety, Attendance, etc.
- Work in varying conditions (hot/cold) environment and enclosed rooms
during night and day shifts.
- Move machinery and equipment using hoists, dollies, rollers, pallet
jacks and forklifts.
- Cleaning, lubricating and performing other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years’ experience in an industrial/food processing environment an
- Red Seal Ticket
- Industrial mechanics and electrical background (PLC knowledge an asset).
- 4th Class Boiler Ticket preferred.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to identify and solve problems
- Product and production process knowledge
- Knowledge of facility equipment and machinery
- Able to perform physical tasks that require frequent bending and
twisting throughout the shift
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize workload and effectively meet
- Able to perform repetitive hand movements
- Strong time management skills, and ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Highly organized, efficient and detail oriented
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Able to perform some keyboarding functions
- Able to communicate and maintain working relationship with coworkers
Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or
any other protected factor.
À titre d'employeur souscrivant au
principe de l'égalité d'accès à l'emploi, Conagra Brand considère les candidats
qui sont qualifiés pour les offres d'emplois sans égard à la race, la couleur,
les croyances religieuses, l'origine, le sexe, l'orientation sexuelle,
l'identité de genre, la langue parlée, l'âge, le handicap ou tout autre facteur