Project Manager, Engineering (Consumer Goods)
client, a leading Consumer Goods - Food Company, located in Mississauga,
Ontario is looking to hire a Senior Project Manager, Engineering on
a full-time, permanent basis.
to the Director, Engineering, the Senior Project Manager, Engineering is
accountable for successful completion of various capital projects while
providing technical support and guidance in troubleshooting plant equipment and
service issues. This position provides diligence, rigor, cost control and
effective project management skills to deliver successful execution of major
capital projects ranging in value from $5K to $10M.
- Accountable for leading efforts to drive
continuous improvement with regards to engineering and capital projects within
- Manage various capital projects at our Company
plant from concept through to commissioning including budget preparation, cost
tracking and negotiating with vendors.
- Participate in the development of long-term
capital plans to support plant reliability and future growth.
- Working with the plant managers and their
teams, assess and prioritize process/project opportunities and manage it from
beginning through to completion.
- Provide technical support and guidance in
troubleshooting plant equipment and services.
- Post-Secondary Degree in
Mechanical/Chemical/Manufacturing or Industrial engineering preferred.
- 10 years of progressive engineering/technical
experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 5+ years experience in managing the full
life-cycle of capital projects.
- Experience in food manufacturing is an asset;
also open to any manufacturing experience in a regulated environment
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, MS Office and MS
- Excellent organization and project management
skills including planning, scheduling, assigning, budgeting and managing.
- Travel required within Toronto and Greater