At Arterra Wines Canada, we love inspiring the big and small moments
that happen when our products are shared and enjoyed. For us it’s not
just about what’s in and on the bottle, it’s what happens in people’s lives
when we’re a part of them that keeps us thirsting for more and not resting on
our laurels as Canada’s largest and most enjoyed wine company. We put the
consumer at the center of everything we do and we’re looking for people who do
The Senior Network Support Engineer role will be responsible for the
design, implementation and support of the data network and voice
services. This position will be responsible for ensuring we provide
stable and efficient network and telco services for our stakeholders as defined
by our service levels The Network Engineer will work with the appropriate
technology teams, business stakeholders, vendors and leadership to ensure that
our network services meet company needs and meet the required performance
metrics and SLA’s. This includes developing, maintaining, supporting, and
optimizing key functional areas, particularly network infrastructure, data
communications, telecommunications systems, and documentation.
This role is based out of our Niagara Facility with the requirement to
provide support other Ontario located when required.
What you will be doing:
Designs, configures, and maintains network infrastructure
components; trouble-shoots network to diagnose system problems;
identifies, locates, resolves, and repairs problems; approves
installations of upgrades and domain security protocols.
- Acts as technical leader with our MSP to manage the operational
activities of the enterprise wide Data/Voice/Video network, including
design, installation, configuration, maintenance, and security.
- Monitors incident queue and provides on-site support for our
Ontario’s Location as required.
Analyzes network functions and evaluates the services provided;
develops plan of action and recommendations; identifies milestones and
issues to be addressed, and generates reports as required.
- Evaluates, recommends, justifies and ensures the proper toolsets
and procedures are implemented, maintained and utilized
- Monitors utilization trends, manages network performance, and
assures maximum uptime; performs ongoing analysis, capacity planning, and
technical tuning of the network systems to improve performance.
- Ensures compliance with policies and regulations, and that all
issues are addressed and resolved.
Plans, develops, and designs network management and maintenance
projects, including policies and procedures, operational improvements, and
evaluates new technology integration.
- Participates and occasionally leads large scale network service
project implementations including team members and across service
- Directs vendors in the successful completion of operational support
Participates in tier 3 Infrastructure support activities including
incident management and supports the assessment and delivery of
application upgrades and patches
- Ensure integrity and stability of the voice and data network
services across the enterprise
- Ensure documentation of the environment and operational process
Monitor and remain abreast of emerging technologies for possible
introduction into the organization
- Manages vendor relationships in all related technologies (HW, SW,
Circuits, toll frees, etc.) so that services are delivered effectively and
- Work within a team environment, manage systems, lead upgrades,
coordinate installs and work from a ticketing queue.
What you will bring:
- Completion of a diploma in Computer Science, or a related
discipline – or a combination of education, training, and experience
- 6-8 years of related work experience with a background in Network
infrastructure, design and development of corporate systems standards.
Must have an excellent knowledge of the principles, practices, and
standards of the IT Cloud operation
- Experience analyzing solution needs and determining resources
required to meet objectives enterprise business solutions
- Experience with working with diverse, distributed teams and managed
- Experience with multiple, industry standard, structured, and agile
- Problem solving, interpersonal, and oral/written/presentation
skills to lead the analysis, design, and development of enterprise
business solutions across multiple platforms
- Thorough understanding and experience with the Cisco technology stack
: Viptella, Meraki, routers, switches, asa
- Cloud Networking (Azure and Oracle) experience an asset
- Knowledge of operating systems, middleware, and other technologies
for building and maintaining multi-tiered
- Ability to work with Multiple Platform technologies such as Windows
and Linux desirable.
Qualifications, Certifications or Designations
- Cisco Certification preferred
- Industry specific certifications (VMware, Citrix, Microsoft), an
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Benefits and Pension Plan
- Product Allowances & Safe Ride Home Program
- An organization that cares about Corporate Social Responsibility
- Tuition reimbursement
- Training & Development Programs
- An opportunity to learn about the world of wine
We are committed to establishing a qualified
workforce that reflects the diverse population it serves and we encourage
applications from all qualified individuals. We are also committed to
preventing and removing barriers to employment for people with disabilities,
and we invite you to inform us should you have any accessibility or