At Arterra Wines Canada, we love inspiring the big
and small moments that happen when our products are shared and enjoyed.
For us it’s not just about what’s in and on the bottle, it’s what happens in
people’s lives when we’re a part of them that keeps us thirsting for more and
not resting on our laurels as Canada’s largest and most enjoyed wine
company. We put the consumer at the center of everything we do and we’re
looking for people who do the same.
The Manager, Jackson Triggs Estate is a unique role
within the organization. The key objective is to ensure we continually surprise
and delight our guests with experiences that inspire brand love and loyalty,
and ultimately result in conversion. As the Manager, Jackson Triggs
Estate you will be responsible to lead a team toward achieving goals and
objectives by delivering experiences that build brand loyalty while driving
sustainable profitability. Roles reporting directly into the Manager, Jackson
Triggs Estate are Assistant Manager, Winery, Chef, Events Manager and
Coordinator Estate Tours. Reporting directly to the Director, National Estates,
you will work in partnership ensuring programs and initiatives are aligned with
winery estate strategy.
Key functions of the role are:
- Leverage retail store and tasting bar to drive sales and achieve or
exceed required results.
- Identify and recommend margin enhancing retail sales opportunities
- Develop recommendations for programming to offer exciting,
brand-aligned, winery differentiating experiences
- Work with Direct to Consumer team to develop and execute strategies
to garner and utilize database and social mediums to achieve incremental
sales while communicating regularly with guests.
- Develop strategies that will continue to target our key
demographics, leveraging partnerships with accommodators, tour operators
and other local business and regional associations.
- Willingness and ability to work behind the tasting bar as needed to
support the team
- Working with the Director, sets the Total Consumer Experience
Vision for the Estate, including the development and introduction of best
practice consumer experience ideas, systems and processes
- Responsible for working with brand marketing to ensure the total
estate experience (physical environment & interactions) brings the
brand strategy to life.
- Provide efficient, friendly client service and product knowledge,
building, establishing and growing consumer relationships and maximizing
- Develop an integrated, motivated, positive work environment driving
- Hire and train service/retail oriented staff for sales, tours and
events including patio restaurant.
- Timely completion of payroll and other administrative duties.
- Maintaining and enhancing a strong “wine culture” and quality image
- Monitoring ofour Secret Shopper Scores to ensure our service
levels are aligned with our vision for hospitality
- Ongoing development of key staff/positions (coaching, mentoring)
- Account for all onsite sales/wine inventory on a daily, weekly and
- Daily, weekly and monthly reporting of sales and reconciliations.
- Manage expenses to budget
Special Event Management
- Work with Manager to plan, market and execute all on-site special
- Manage all execution of all on-site culinary (seasonal patio), wine
tasting and tour experiences.
- Previous management experience in the wine, hospitality (bar,
restaurant, hotel) or entertainment/attraction industry
- Related training and/or College/University education an asset
- Ability to recognize sales opportunities
- Demonstrated team player with the ability to work under high
- Good understanding of business and accounting practices/inventory/cost
- Must possess a passion of wine and wine industry
- Computer knowledge of WORD, Excel and Outlook Calendar Management
- Ability to Motivate and Coach a Team of Individuals
- Strong Communication Skills both Verbally and in Writing
- Demonstrated Ability to Strategically Plan and Execute
- Experience with Recruitment and Hiring of a Seasonal Team
- Excellent organizational, time management, interpersonal &
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Benefits and Pension Plan
- Product Allowances & Safe Ride Home Program
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Tuition reimbursement
- Training & Development Programs
- An opportunity to learn about the world of wine
Number of Openings:
We are committed to establishing a
qualified workforce that reflects the diverse population it serves and we
encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are also committed to
preventing and removing barriers to employment for people with disabilities,
and we invite you to inform us should you have any accessibility or