Dr. Oetker Canada Ltd. is the Canadian division of the Oetker Group, a multinational food and foodservices corporation with headquarters in Germany. Dr. Oetker began in 1891, when Dr. August Oetker developed a brand of baking powder guaranteed to "succeed every time." Over the last century, Dr. Oetker has grown to embrace all aspects of the packaged food and beverage industry, and maintains operations throughout Europe, Asia and the Americas.
Dr. Oetker’s Canadian operations (manufacturing and R&D) are located in Mississauga, Ontario. In Canada, Dr. Oetker markets a wide variety of retail food products, including Baking ingredients, desserts (Shirriff & Dr. Oetker brands), baking mixes (Added Touch, Shaker & Dr. Oetker brands), and frozen pizzas (Ristorante and Casa di Mama brands). For the past 10 years, Dr. Oetker has been among the fastest growing food companies in Canada!
- The Oetker Group is 100% family owned by the Oetker family.
- Dr. Oetker Canada Ltd. manages the Dr. Oetker business in Canada and the ambient business (dry mixes) in the USA, as well as the ambient Food Service business in Canada.
- Three factors characterize the products sold under the Dr. Oetker brand name:high quality, excellent taste and simple preparation.
- With strong direction and an entrepreneurial culture, Dr. Oetker Canada has enjoyed strong sales and profit growth with a sharp increase in Return-On-Investment. The business has more than doubled in size in the last five years.
Why join Dr. Oetker Canada?
- Dr. Oetker Canada operates autonomously from our German parent. Latitude to make major decisions is within the responsibility of the Canadian organization.
- Growth within
Canada has been driven by new product development and introduction. This is a culture that thrives on innovation and encourages fresh thinking.
- 15% innovation target every year
- Culture has evolved from a top down driven structure to an environment of mutual accountability and respect where employees are empowered to make key decisions.
- Employees tend to build long-term careers with the company and join Dr. Oetker for more than just the role, but for the opportunity to join a growing international organization that truly values their people.
- Very little to no office politics, people are evaluated on what and how they deliver.
- Highly collaborative environment, ideas are encouraged and decisions are made quickly.
- Dr. Oetker has a unique culture, and is open-door policy oriented.
Dr. Oetker is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity, and encourage the four designated groups of Employment Equity - women, visible minorities, persons with disabilities and aboriginal peoples to apply.
Dr. Oetker Canada Ltd.'s brand is "Dr.Oetker" with sub-brands Shirriff (desserts), Added Touch (baking mixes), Ristorante and Casa di Mama (frozen pizza)