Good Food, Good Life
is the very essence of Nestlé. This philosophy can be traced back to our
beginnings. The Nestlé Company was founded in 1867 by Henri Nestlé, who
developed the first milk-based baby formula. Today, over 150 years later, we
are recognized as the world’s largest Food and Beverage Company employing
around 280,000 people and have factories or operations in almost every country
in the world. Nestlé Canada has a wide variety of food, beverage and nutrition
products to help you and your family live happier and healthier lives
including: Gerber and Good Start, Nescafé, KitKat, Smarties, Aero, Delissio,
Häagen-Dazs, Boost, Purina, and Nestlé Waters. Nestlé Canada supports your
personal growth with a people-focused culture and a flexible and diverse
working environment. Find out why, There
is more to Life at Nestlé…
We offer you:
- Great comprehensive benefits package including Health and
Dental benefits that start on day one.
- Excellent training and development programs as well as
opportunities to grow within the company.
- Comprehensive Total Rewards Package and Company Matched
This position will provide financial support to Operations
Management, Corporate Finance and business units with a focus on Product
Costing and related activities. Areas of support will include period end
closing, financial planning, analysis and reporting. This position will also
engage in a business partnering relationship with Factory Finance and Business
Units finance co-pilots to influence positive business decisions by providing
insights on product cost evolution & how cost flows in the income statement
and other financial statements. This position will be based out of our Sterling
location at 72 Sterling Road, Toronto, Ontario, M6R 2B6.
- Execute Period End Closing activities for Product Costing
ensuring compliance with Nestle Accounting Standards (NAS) and Costing
Standards for Manufacturing (CSM).
- Validate and analyze Commodity price projections.
- Analyze Cogs Dynamic Forecast results of manufactured
- Calculate Export Transfer Price of affiliated materials.
- Analyze the actual cost of manufactured material and
- Develop COGS Dashboards to provide clear and concise
decision-making tools to the business.
- Ensure that PEC activities for actual cost calculation are
performed on time and accurately.
- Ensure quality of data and smoothness of all costing
processes in own area of responsibility.
- Perform monthly/quarterly reports and regularly verify their
real need and usage for decision-making.
- Key facilitator and main point of contact within the scope
of business units/factories under responsibility by working collaboratively
with the factory, business units and Operations.
- Seek and support cost improvement opportunities, be an
active contributor to improvement projects and initiatives. Participate on project teams in order to
ensure validation, review and proposed savings are accurately tracked. Involved in daily activities associated with
NCE in the factory environment.
- Perform financial simulations, product costing &
estimates and CAPEX evaluations as required ensuring full transparency of
- Prepare and publish financial KPI data on a regular basis;
perform analysis of KPI data and transfer this knowledge of the key figures to
the relevant stakeholders in order to promote understanding.
- Perform routine audit activities within the factory to
ensure compliance on critical areas e.g. stocktaking. Appropriately escalate
- University Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business
Administration is required. Accounting designation (CA, CGA, CMA or CPA) would
be an asset.
- 3 years of experience in a Factory Finance or Management
- SAP experience would be an asset.
- Financial acumen with strong understanding of P & L
drivers, activity based costing and allocations.
- Ability to manage and prioritize work in a fast paced
- Advanced Excel Skills
(Formulas, Look ups, Pivot Tables and
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Please note; Education Verification, Reference Checks and
Criminal Background Checks will be administered on suitably qualified candidates.
If you believe you have the profile we are looking for and
you want to make your mark in the World’s Largest Food and Beverage Company, we
look forward to hearing from you!
Nestlé is an equal opportunity employer committed to
diversity and inclusion. If you are
selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human
Resources of any accommodations you may require. Nestlé will work with you in
an effort to ensure that you are able to fully participate in the process.
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity; however only those
individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
The closing date for this position is May 25, 2018