Good Food, Good Life
is the very essence of Nestlé. This philosophy can be traced back to our
beginnings. The Nestlé Company was founded in 1867 by Henri Nestlé, who
developed the first milk-based baby formula. Today, over a century later, we
are recognized as the world’s largest Food and Beverage Company employing
around 280,000 people and have factories or operations in almost every country
in the world. Nestlé Canada has a wide variety of food, beverage and nutrition
products to help you and your family live happier and healthier lives
including: Gerber and Good Start, Nescafé, KitKat, Smarties, Aero, Delissio,
Häagen-Dazs, Boost, Purina, and Nestlé Waters. Nestlé Canada supports your
personal growth with a people-focused culture and a flexible and diverse
working environment. Find out why, There
is more to Life at Nestlé…
The incumbent is responsible for the achievement of all
category sales and target objectives within the Major Retail and Convenience
channel of the territory. Categories include Coffee, Beverage, Frozen,
Confectionery, Ice Cream and Nutrition.
These channels are comprised of mass, drug and grocery stores and chains
such as LCL, Sobeys, Wal-Mart, SDM, independent variety stores, dollar stores,
cash and carry outlets, gas banners and regional and national chains. These
positions are ideal for high-energy, creative professionals who are looking for
opportunities to further develop dynamic sales careers with Nestlé.
- Manage a variety of small and large format stores within
your territory with the objective to build and develop both Nestlé’s and the
customer’s business across all categories.
- Achieve volume, display and profit targets within your
territory using effective merchandising, promotions, selling skills and The
Nestlé Way at Retail.
- Ensure application of strategic sales and distribution plans
in all categories, including Planograms and POS placement, consistent with all
Nestle merchandising principles.
- Ensure effective placement and performance of ice cream
- Identify additional store and business opportunities.
- Proactively manage your store coverage consistent with the
territory call cycle and effectively manage all required administrative
functions, such as expense reports, sales recaps, pre-plan activities and post
- Monitor and report competitive and industry intelligence to
- Manage and control the promotional budget within your
- Ensure optimized use and effectiveness of Retail Sales
- Work closely with all functional teams to ensure strong
communication and issue resolution.
- Must be able to work occasionally weekends as business needs
- A university or college degree in a business-related
discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2-3 years of relevant retail sales and or category
management experience preferred. Knowledge of Direct Store Delivery (DSD) an
- Strong analytical skills, computer literacy and excellent
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational
skills. Proven negotiation skills.
- Proof of valid G class driver’s license required.
- Candidate must reside within the territory and must be able
and willing to travel as required based on territory needs.
- Must be able to effectively manage change in a fast paced
Please note; Education Verification, Reference Checks and
Criminal Background Checks will be administered on suitably qualified
Nestlé is an equal opportunity employer committed to
diversity and inclusion. If you are
selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human
Resources of any accommodations you may require. Nestlé will work with you in
an effort to ensure that you are able to fully participate in the process.
If you believe you have the profile we are looking for and
you want to make your mark in the World’s Largest Food and Beverage Company, we
look forward to hearing from you!
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity; however only those
individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
The closing date for this posting is March 28, 2018