Good Food, Good Life is
the very essence of Nestlé. This philosophy can be traced back to our
beginnings. The Nestlé Company was founded in 1867 by Henri Nestlé, who
developed the first milk-based baby formula. Today, over a century later, we
are recognized as the world’s largest Food and Beverage Company employing
around 280,000 people and have factories or operations in almost every country
in the world. Nestlé Canada has a wide variety of food, beverage and nutrition
products to help you and your family live happier and healthier lives
including: Gerber and Good Start, Nescafé, KitKat, Smarties, Aero, Delissio,
Häagen-Dazs, Boost, Purina, and Nestlé Waters. Nestlé Canada supports your
personal growth with a people-focused culture and a flexible and diverse
working environment. Find out why, There
is more to Life at Nestlé…
We offer you:
- Great comprehensive benefits package including Health and Dental benefits that start on day one.
- Excellent training and development programs as well as opportunities to grow within the company.
- Comprehensive Total Rewards Package and Company Matched Retirement Plan.
Act as a steadfast custodian of stewardship and governance for the London facility and a trusted co-pilot to the Factory Manager and the Factory Leadership Team. Responsible for all financial matters (organization, practices, initiatives/projects…) and for providing fact based decision making on both short term objectives and long term strategic initiatives. Drive relevant cost analysis and reporting (monitoring of the budget and controlling the variances) to ensure compliance to financial legal requirements and Nestle Accounting Standards (NAS).
- Identify and drive cost improvement opportunities, be an active contributor to improvement projects and initiatives, validate, review and track proposed savings. Challenge assumptions for cost improvements on internal and external benchmark information on factory performance and costs. Actively drive Nestle Continuous Excellence (NCE) activities within the factory and ensure activities are in alignment with business Operational Master Plan (OMP).
- Manage factory reporting of actuals and forecasts; follow up and monitor of progress to close gaps while ensuring Nestle financial policies, Accounting Standards and Costing Standards are followed by promoting ownership of data at source.
- Lead strategic financial analysis relating to major or strategic decisions related to the factory to ensure full transparency of costs and non-financial implications. Ensure costing objectives of the factory are reached by continuously identifying and promoting cost reduction initiatives to factory manager, with collaborative support from the Production Line Managers and the Focused Improvement Leader.
- Drive business planning; manage the overall factory budget with factory management team as well as being the critical liaison between factory and Head Office in the business planning process. Perform forecasts, revisions or simulations if required.
- Develop, control and ensure robust evaluations of capital investment plans and requests including post Capital Expenditure (CAPEX) evaluations.
- Drive clear understanding of financial key figures and costing within the factory, including organizing training sessions for non-specialists.
- Ensure clear control and visibility of assets and liabilities, including the development, implementation and compliance with internal controls in all areas. Accountable for Segregation of Duties (SODs) and assessment of compensating control effectiveness. This includes establishing a solid and periodic monitoring of the internal controls effectiveness and appropriately escalating business risks.
- As the Champion of compliance & risk management for the site, manage routine audit activities within the factory to ensure compliance on critical areas e.g. NAS, Costing Standards, statutory accounting/tax, Operational Excellence (OpEx) guideline and appropriately escalate business risks and the key contact for internal and external audits within the factory.
- Coach and develop the factory personnel with focus on finance individuals & team including career and succession planning.
- University Degree in Finance or Business Administration and Accounting Designation (CPA) is highly preferred.
- 8-10 Years of progressive and diverse finance experience is required. Minimum of 2 to 5 years of experience in Factory, Category/Business Unit or Sales Finance management, Corporate and/or Supply Chain Finance.
- Fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) industry experience considered an asset.
- Mastery in the following professional/technical competencies: using analytics to drive insight, relevant business processes, internal control systems, financial modeling and risk management.
- Strong knowledge of factory standard costing combined with strong analytical skills with the ability to enhance the financial planning process. Commercial understanding is also critical.
- Knowledge of LEAN and Problem Solving tools (e.g. GSTD, DMAIC, etc.) experience is also an asset.
- Highly developed leadership competencies in change management, strategic thinking and leading/developing people.
- Strong and effective communication skills. This will include presenting financial information to non-financial users and global business leaders (locally and internationally).
- Proficient in SAP and MS Office Excel, Word, and PowerPoint advanced presentations.
If you believe you have the profile we are looking for and you want to make your mark in the World’s Largest Food and Beverage Company, we look forward to hearing from you!
Please note; Education Verification, Reference Checks and Criminal Background Checks will be administered on suitably qualified candidates.
Nestlé is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require.Nestlé will work with you in an effort to ensure that you are able to fully participate in the process.
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity; however only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
The closing date for this position isMay 4, 2018