Good Food, Good Life
is the very essence of Nestlé. This philosophy can be traced back to our
beginnings. The Nestlé Company was founded in 1867 by Henri Nestlé, who
developed the first milk-based baby formula. Today, over a century later, we
are recognized as the world’s largest Food and Beverage Company employing
around 280,000 people and have factories or operations in almost every country
in the world. Nestlé Canada has a wide variety of food, beverage and nutrition
products to help you and your family live happier and healthier lives
including: Gerber and Good Start, Nescafé, KitKat, Smarties, Aero, Delissio,
Häagen-Dazs, Boost, Purina, and Nestlé Waters. Nestlé Canada supports your
personal growth with a people-focused culture and a flexible and diverse
working environment. Find out why, There
is more to Life at Nestlé…
In this role, you will be responsible for providing
consistent service to Nestlé Customers, earning their respect and trust and
ultimately the status of “Preferred Supplier”, delivering fresh products on
time and as per their expectations. This is your chance to enter the Nestlé
world, learn the basics and progress within the organization to achieve your
career goals and aspirations. There is a high potential for this role to become
- Ensure optimized use and effectiveness of Retail Development
- Continually strive to exceed (internal and external)
customer expectations while adhering to Nestlé Terms and Conditions of Sale
Document and proactively communicating on issues and opportunities.
- Manage the full order to cash process for the account
portfolio with flawless execution
- Eliminate service failures through consistent application of
defined best practices and standard processes.
- Effective and proactive track and trace of all orders
details from the time of receipt to delivery (i.e. Pricing, shortages and order
track and trace).
- Work closely with the Demand Management team to maximize
customer stock delivery expectations.
- Actively participate in all team meetings, demonstrating a
continuous improvement and root cause mindset.
- Investigate and initiate opportunities within our tools to
improve day to day activities.
- Work closely with customers to provide the right product, at
the right, place at the right time.
- Drive the Customer Service Vision through effective and
timely communication (internally/externally) of all corresponding changes that
could impact customer/consumer purchase behavior.
- Work with our customer contacts to improve order efficiency,
ensuring sufficient lead times and compliance to order consolidation schedule.
- Attend Customer Facing meetings to discuss operational
activities and build on external relationships.
- Participate in customer specific projects related to
- A university or college degree in a business-related
discipline (such as supply chain or business administration), or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrate knowledge of supply chain principals and
- Have the ability to conduct root cause analysis with the
intent to achieve error free order fulfillment.
- Professional and concise communication with key internal and
- Ability to apply perspective, pragmatism and maintain
composure under pressure.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office (PowerPoint, Excel,
Please note; Education Verification, Reference Checks and
Criminal Background Checks will be administered on suitably qualified
candidates. If you believe you have the profile we are looking for and you want
to make your mark in the World’s Largest Food and Beverage Company, we look
forward to hearing from you!
Nestlé is an equal opportunity employer committed to
diversity and inclusion. If you are selected to participate in the recruitment
process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require.
Nestlé will work with you in an effort to ensure that you are able to fully
participate in the process.
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity; however only those
individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
The closing date for this position is March 5th 2018