Even if you’re not familiar with our name, you’ve almost
certainly heard of our billion-dollar brands like Cadbury, Milka, Prince and
Oreo. Developing the world’s favorite snacks, we’re passionate about creating
delicious moments of joy for people all around the world. Working at Mondelēz
International is all about the power of big - and small.
Why big? Because we’re the world’s leading maker of
Chocolate, Biscuits, Candy and Gum. We’re ranked #1 in chocolate, biscuits and
candy, and #2 in gum. What’s more, we employ over 100,000 people worldwide and
market products in around 165 countries.
Why small? We go out of our way to hear everyone’s point of
view, and develop local roots wherever we go. It’s this combination of big and
small that drives everything we do.
As part of Manufacturing, you’ll use your skills, our
systems and a wide array of raw materials to help create the delicious finished
products our consumers love. While taking ownership in your area of work,
you’ll also ensure the safety of yourself and your colleagues while producing
our top-quality products reliably and efficiently within our integrated supply
Reporting to the Maintenance Leader, the Maintenance
Millwright Mechanic is responsible to work in a safe and efficient manner by
servicing, repairing, maintaining, troubleshooting, overhauling, and
continuously improving the conditions of the equipment of the production lines.
He is responsible for safe and efficient maintenance and proper operation of
assigned equipment in order to meet production targets and uphold the highest
The Maintenance Millwright Mechanic works with management
and fellow employees to eliminate waste, drive performance, and continuously
improve their Line’s safety, quality, service, and cost. The incumbent will
also be responsible for applying Integrated Lean Six Sigma (IL6S) Methodology
to their specific activities, and East York Bakery as a whole, in order to
drive performance and long term growth.
The Maintenance Millwright Mechanic is the backbone of
maintaining production equipment lines in a proper, safe and reliable operating
condition and to perform as intended specifications. Your dedication, hard work
and positive attitude will influence the product for the customer to enjoy.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and conduct preventative, predictive
and corrective maintenance programs.
- Perform routine maintenance work, inspection, and
identification of abnormalities on equipment.
- Repair/replace defective machinery parts, perform equipment
adjustment, and fabricate parts when required.
- Accurately complete paperwork, close WOs, create notification,
and PM completion.
- Participate actively in correction of issues using Root
Cause Analysis to reduce/eliminate breakdowns.
- Investigate machine malfunctions using testing equipment and
technical manual and associated drawings.
- Coach Machine Operators on troubleshooting techniques.
- Other related tasks as required or assigned by Maintenance
- Comply with company policies and procedures regarding
safety, GMP, 5S, and quality requirements.
- Promote good housekeeping and manufacturing practices (setting
an example for other employees within the plant) and ensure personnel on the
line /area practice good house-keeping, keep their work areas. Cleans and
follows 5S practices.
- Report any unsafe, unclean areas, behavior or any problems
that could cause substandard quality of production.
- Demonstrates personal and professional integrity.
- Learning the foundational teachings of Integrated Lean Six
Sigma (IL6S) to apply them to the production line.
- Learning and understanding how to adjust, maintain,
troubleshoot, and repair processing and/or packaging equipment in a classroom
setting, based on training packages and SOPs.
- Learning, understanding, and participating in maintenance
activities on similar equipment at various Mondelez Sister Sites.
- Learning and applying maintenance specific tasks on
equipment during the trials and CQV periods of the production line
- Learning and understanding the equipment functionality based
on the centerlines established by the Process Engineers, and working with the
Management team to help maintain equipment performance during line operation.
- Potentially accompanying VSU teams to Factory Acceptance
Test (FAT) to learn and use equipment before the CQV period.
- Assisting in equipment installation in order to ensure
proper functioning during the trials and CQV periods in order to achieve VSU.
- Assisting in equipment operations in order to drive
performance during the CQV period in order to achieve VSU.
- Supporting VSU team on other activities as needed.
- Constant observation of Line and Product in order to ensure
Safety and Quality Standards of Mondelez are upheld.
- Constant monitor of processing and packaging equipment in
order to identify any deviation from normal working conditions (i.e. noise,
- Identifying any abnormality and deviations in order to avoid
breakdowns and losses (i.e. root cause analysis).
- Understanding the inner-workings of the machine and having
an intimate knowledge of equipment functionality, components and technical
- Understanding and applying the concepts of Autonomous
Maintenance and Progressive Maintenance to the line through the use of
abnormality tags, in order to prevent deterioration of equipment and continue
to meet production targets and quality standards.
- Maintenance of the line (i.e. troubleshooting, adjusting and
repairing), following LOTO practices all non-routine working compliance in the
context of maintenance activities.
- Identifying and troubleshooting any sign of abnormality and
malfunctions and communicating major issues accurately to the Maintenance
Supervisor for prompt repair or preventing a breakdown (i.e. Progressive
- Perform PM tasks (parts replacement, machine timing and
adjustment, inspection, cleaning, lubrication, and identification of any
opportunities for improvements and independent realization or assignment (i.e.
- Conduct maintenance activities using SAP and PM programs,
execute and follow-up on WOs, provide feedback to Maintenance Planner, creates
notifications, identify parts needed base on name plate or label
- Apply all relevant safety measures in line with IL6S goals
(i.e. emergency stop button, protective enclosure). Apply problem solving
methods, social and functional skills according to the skill matrix in the
context of introduction and consolidation of IL6S.
- Respect and uphold GMP guidelines (i.e. quality
requirements, SSE guidelines and environmental consciousness) Maintain personal
hygiene; Clean uniforms, hair and beard nets are mandatory for GMP.
IV. Health and
- Understand, promote and apply Health, Safety and
Environmental (HSE) Policies and practices throughout the facility to prevent
injury, illness and property damage.
- Understand relevant HSE risks associated with the facility
and corresponding control measures.
- Communicate and take action on imminent danger situations,
hazards, Non-conformities and incident reporting.
- Adhere to relevant HSE programs.
- Participate in HSE programs and controls such as: Behavior
Based Safety Programs, Defect Management, and Incident Management.
- Promote and practice safety first philosophy and accident prevention
among East York’s team.
- Maintain personal hygiene; Clean uniforms, hair and beard
nets are mandatory for GMP.
- Ability to follow basic safety on the line/area; including
wearing proper PPE.
- Demonstrates attention to safety and GMPs; Demonstrates LOTO
protocol when necessary.
- Work in a safe and competent manner, following rules and
procedures as required and as outlined in our Health & Safety
- Report any unsafe condition to your Line Leader.
- Follow plant food safety and GMP compliance, HACCP program
and Allergen Management protocol.
- Use proper tools (including chemical & lubrication) that
meet company food safety standard.
- Maintain a clean and hazardous free work area while
supporting and promoting company GMP’s, Safety, and Mondelēz policies.
- Comply with Company policies, procedures and local
- Report all quality and food safety related issues
immediately to the Line Leader or Manager for corrections and corrective
- Awareness of what a quality/in-spec cookie and package looks
- Demonstrated awareness and commitment to quality.
- Understand allergens and kosher status and how to handle.
- Good knowledge of HACCP and WHMIS.
THIS IS A NIGHT SHIFT POSITION
- High School diploma (Required).
- Required Industrial Mechanic Trade Certificate/License
- College or higher degree in Maintenance Mechanic related
- Dual ticket: Millwright and Industrial Electrician License
(e.g. Red Seal 442A).
- Experience in food /pharmaceutical /and/or consumer goods
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a line mechanic in
packaging/processing /millwright position.
- Able to troubleshoot equipment, malfunctions, perform
machine repair and set up, equipment installation, alignment of High Speed
Automated Packaging Machinery (car toner, flow pack wrapper, tray loader, conveyors, scale, metal
detector and Bulk Handling and Processing Equipment (Mixers, forming machine,
oven, blowers, lifters).
- Able to perform PM tasks (parts replacement, set up machine
timing and adjustment, inspection, cleaning lubrication etc.) with min.
- Good knowledge of mechanical, pneumatic, vacuum, electric
and hydraulic systems and associated equipment and components.
- Able to accurately complete paperwork; close WOs create
notification, PM completion.
- Must be able to use hand tools and diagnostic instrument.
- Must be able to read, interpret mechanical drawings and
schematics of pneumatic and hydraulic system.
- Knowledge of computerized machinery (e.g. HMI interface,
have basic electrical knowledge of electrical circuits, safety and protective
devices, electrical control and sensors).
- Familiar with CMMS /SAP; notifications, WOs system.
- Knowledgeable about LOG OUT and TAG OUT procedure and
- Able to comply with PPE requirements and uses proper lifting
- Familiar with OHSA regarding safety practices and
non-routine work permits
- Is adaptable and can learn new tasks and willing to work on
shifts as required.
I.Ability To Work In
- Collaborate with team in order to drive performance.
- Actively and attentively listens, supports others, and
positively contributes to a healthy work environment.
- Is sensitive to other’s needs and detects when it is
necessary to help others; understands and respects different points of view.
- Able to communicate well with other team members and
- Proficient English reading and writing skills.
- Must be able to follow directions accurately.
- Good eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity.
- Is capable of lifting up to 23 Kg.
- Reaching: Full extension.
- Repetition: Medium.
- Noise: moderate level (high speed packing machine
- Vehicle Operations: Pump truck.
- Job requires the physical demands of fast paced moving,
bending, crawling and lifting as needed.
Mondelez Canada welcomes and encourages applications from
people with disabilities. Accommodations for disabilities or other grounds
protected by human rights legislation are available upon request for candidates
taking part in all aspects of the employment selection process. If you are a
person with a disability and have questions or would like help with your
application, please contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the
application process, including providing education and work history, in order
to be considered for this position. All applicants will receive an email after
submitting the first stage of the application. This email will include a link
to return to the second stage of the application process. If you had previously
submitted a resume, you will need to confirm/verify education and work history.
For those that did not submit a resume, you will need to manually enter
education and work history.