With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we?re the world?s #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We?re Mondel?z International, a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY by building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD.
As part of Manufacturing, you?ll use your skills, our systems and a wide array of raw materials to help create the delicious finished products our consumers love. While taking ownership in your area of work, you?ll also ensure the safety of yourself and your colleagues while producing our top-quality products reliably and efficiently within our integrated supply chain.
1. To properly clean and set-up creaming machines and supplementary machinery such as hoppers, pumps and augers in support of start-ups and changeovers
2. Monitor and adjust creaming machinery to maintain efficient operation and ensure quality, target finish weight and thickness as per product specifications
1. Assist with the preparation and set-up of the production lines
2. Monitor and adjust creaming machinery in order to maintain efficient operation. Mechanical aptitude is required, as this is a hands on position.
3. Monitor and inspect finished product at regular intervals to ensure that it meets quality, weight and thickness specifications and complete quality/production reports as required
4. Recommend upgrades to existing equipment and production lines
5. Report machinery problems and issues to the line mechanics and Line Lead
6. Assist mechanics with downtime maintenance repairs.
7. Immediately report any quality defects to the Line Lead.
8. Perform downtime reporting into the Zarpac system or manual recording sheets.
9. Enter cream data into SAP
10. Prepare and load raw materials into hoppers as needed (i.e., cream, jam, etc.). Manual shoveling is required to load cream into hoppers
11. Clean and sanitize production equipment/machinery
12. Maintain and care for equipment, such as lubrication.
13. Consistently maintain a clean and hazard free work area.
14. Responsible for performing other duties as assigned (i.e., packing, etc.)
15. Work with and around allergen products with safe practices
1. Reading: To follow set-up procedures, running instructions and comprehension of graphs, recording sheets and GMP procedures
2. Training: On the job.
3. Experience: Must have hands on mechanical ability and experience with cream processing
4. High School Diploma or equivalent.
Lifting: Up to 50 lbs (22.7 kg)
Reaching: Full extension required.
Repetition: Many repetitions per shift (cream shoveling, creaming monitor and adjustments)
Monotony: Spends all shift on one machine
Noise: Constant background noise, some areas quite loud.
Responsibility: Ensure proper and target cream application to biscuits
Vehicle Operation: Hand/Motorized pallet truck
Hand & Power Tools: Basic hand tools (allen keys, wrenches, scraper, etc)
Work in a safe competent manner, following rules and procedures which are outlined in the Plant Safety Handbook and Creamer Training. Report any unsafe condition to Supervisor. Have working knowledge of various safety programs as per the New Hire Orientation.
HOUSEKEEPING & SANITATION
Keep work area neat and tidy at all times. Personal hygiene, clean uniforms and hair nets are mandatory in a food environment.
Must take direction from Line Manager, Process Engineer, Technical Specialist, Line Lead or any competent person regarding any reasonable requirement not specified in the above description for the purpose of achieving manufacturing goals, quality standards and safety requirements.
Mondelez Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations for disabilities or other grounds protected by human rights legislation are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the employment selection process.If you are a person with a disability and have questions or would like help with your application, please contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing education and work history, in order to be considered for this position. All applicants will receive an email after submitting the first stage of the application. This email will include a link to return to the second stage of the application process. If you had previously submitted a resume, you will need to confirm/verify education and work history. For those that did not submit a resume, you will need to manually enter education and work history.