A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to
being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And
the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take
what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the
planet. What you get here is
challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and
you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at
the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did
it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more
enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single
project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within
your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having
ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of
success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and
ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is
always about more than just a job.
Mars has net sales of more than $33 billion, operates six
business segments including Petcare, Chocolate, Wrigley, Food, Drinks,
Symbioscience, and more than 75,000 Associates worldwide that are putting its
Principles into action to make a difference for people and the planet through
Mars brands include: Petcare – PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®,
WHISKAS®, BANFIELD® Pet Hospital, CESAR®, SHEBA®, DREAMIES® and NUTRO®;
Chocolate – M&M’S®, SNICKERS®, DOVE®, GALAXY®, MARS®, MILKY WAY® and TWIX®;
Wrigley – DOUBLEMINT®, EXTRA®, ORBIT® and 5™ chewing gums, SKITTLES® and
STARBURST® candies, and ALTOIDS® AND LIFESAVERS® mints. Food – UNCLE BEN’S®,
DOLMIO®, EBLY®, MASTERFOODS®, SEEDS OF CHANGE® and ROYCO®; Drinks – ALTERRA
COFFEE ROASTERS™, THE BRIGHT TEA COMPANY™, KLIX® and FLAVIA®; Symbioscience –
COCOAVIA® and WISDOM PANEL®.
Mars Canada is a subsidiary of the US family-owned business
known as Mars, Incorporated, one of the leading global manufacturers of branded
products. Established in the late 1940's, our three segments – Petcare,
Chocolate and Food help Canadians celebrate life everyday through food
experiences. We are an organization that is guided by our Five Principles:
Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom. It is putting these
principles into action that allows us to make a difference to people and the
planet, through our performance.
- Responsible to manage all local infrastructure services
& projects, covering all segments.
- Manage service delivery across responsible sites, including
day-to-day operations of contractor resources.
- Liaise with other regions to ensure standardization, lead
country or regional level projects and act as the immediate point of escalation
for any operational issues.
- Ensuring our managed service delivers a highly responsive
infrastructure support service to our associates. This includes local site
support of PCs, mobile devices & video conferencing.
- Ensuring all locally hosted infrastructure components (such
as site servers, LAN, computer room, business partner links & backups) are
supported & maintained within agreed SLAs by our service providers.
- Ensuring business disruption is minimised, appropriate
communication is done and change is delivered within budget and on time.
- Planning & managing hardware replacement cycles
(servers, PCs etc.) & related budgets.
- Working closely with the local IT business partnership
manager, in order to understand local business needs, agree activities we can
deliver, share information about upcoming changes, etc.
- Tracking & reporting on the service status at the
- Identifying opportunities for infrastructure / service
improvements projects at the site / region / segment level & maintaining
clear action plans.
- Drive innovation thru Design Thinking approach.
Context and Scope
- The associate is expected to coordinate day to day tactical
/ operations and escalate immediately to Site IT Manager when necessary.
- The level of authority of this position also requires
different perspective to take decisions on contractors resourcing strategy,
contract with external partners, agreements with internal and central teams, as
well as minimum experience with capital and expense management ($1M).
- High level of interaction with unit Business Partners and
local leadership teams from segments, as well as leadership of local &
- This role is designed to be onsite, for all units under
his/her accountability and intentional face to face meetings.
- Education & Professional Qualification
- Undergraduate related degree (or a degree with a large IT
- ITIL certification is preferred, but not essential
- 6-9+ years of experience in IT service management, IT
project management or similar.
- Experience with cloud computing, local hosting, basic
understanding of computer room design and architecture is a plus.
- 3+ years of experience coordinating managed services and/or
- Experience dealing with middle management (senior leaders)
from various functions
- Experience as a business partner is a plus
Competencies & Technical Skills
- IT Operations (Expert)
- Stakeholder Management (Senior Level and BPs) (Expert)
- Information Security Management (Intermediate)
- Project Management (Expert)
- Service Level Strategy and Management (Intermediate)
A criminal records
check will be required for this position.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or
an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is
available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and
no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Mars Canada is committed to equity in employment and
diversity. Mars Canada will provide an inclusive and barrier free recruitment
process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario
Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act
(AODA). If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process,
please inform Mars Canada of your requirements. For more information please
review Mars Canada's Accessibility Policy and address any questions about that
policy to MarsCanada.Accessibility@effem.com.