A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to
being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And
the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take
what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the
planet. What you get here is
challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and
you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at
the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did
it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more
enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single
project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within
your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having
ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of
success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and
ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is
always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of
history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets
people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business
that produces some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®,
TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®,
5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN’S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides
veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®,
VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than
80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality,
Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create
value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Mars Canada is a subsidiary of the US family-owned business
known as Mars, Incorporated, one of the leading global manufacturers of branded
products. Established in the late 1940's, our three segments – Petcare, Mars
Wrigley Confectionary and Food help Canadians celebrate life everyday through
food experiences. We are an organization that is guided by our Five Principles:
Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom. It is putting these
principles into action that allows us to make a difference to people and the
planet, through our performance.
Mars Petcare Canada is looking for a Quality & Food Safety Leader
in Bolton, ON.
This Quality & Food Safety (Q&FS) Leader role
safeguards the Quality and Food Safety of Canadian Market products and ensures
compliance to both regulatory and Global standards. This role also acts as a liaison with one or
more of the three Market segments (Food, Pet or MWC).
- Maintain and support the implementation and compliance of
Global Q&FS standards for the Canadian Market Unit.
- Support activity management and new product introductions by
leading qualifications, EMPRA, Technical Specifications, Commercialization and
- Identify and lead continuous improvement initiatives to
drive product quality, cost reduction, process capability and consumer/customer
- Investigate and rectify issues related to quality and food
safety through the incident management program.
- Ensure hold management of non-conforming product within the
- Participate and help coordinate the Mars Canada Internal
Audit team and support 2nd and 3rd party Market Unit audits.
- Support segments by conducting market quality panels,
training and providing recommendations to improve brand and product quality.
- Support customer requests for information related to
- Review and approve waivers and change controls to assess
impact on the Canadian market unit.
- Complete GS1 Item Certification for new and existing Food
- Support Q&FS inventory management.
- Responsible for following all Quality and Food Safety
Policies and applicable procedures.
- Bachelor’s/University degree in a relevant Science
(e.g. Food Science, Microbiology,
- 2 years relevant experience in a Food or Pharmaceutical
- Project management skills and ability to execute
- Computer literacy (e.g. Microsoft Office, SAP, WMS)
- Understanding of manufacturing quality & safety
- Ability to travel 5%
- Successful Completion of a background screen
- Advanced degree in a relevant Science (e.g. Food Science, Microbiology, Chemistry)
- 3+ years relevant experience in a Food or Pharmaceutical
- Strong knowledge in a Global Food Safety Initiative scheme
(e.g. SQF, BRC, FSSC 22000)
- Auditing processes
- Experience leading and developing a team
Company paid relocation is not available for this role.
A criminal records
check will be required for this position.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or
an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is
available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and
no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Mars Canada is committed to equity in employment and
diversity. Mars Canada will provide an inclusive and barrier free recruitment
process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario
Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act
(AODA). If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process,
please inform Mars Canada of your requirements. For more information please
review Mars Canada's Accessibility Policy and address any questions about that policy