A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your
ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a
profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of
our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for
you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is
challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and
you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at
the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did
it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more
enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never
just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how
you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue
mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to
risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better
off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special
place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
Mars has net sales
of more than $33 billion, operates six business segments including Petcare,
Chocolate, Wrigley, Food, Drinks, Symbioscience, and more than 75,000
Associates worldwide that are putting its Principles into action to make a
difference for people and the planet through its performance.
include: Petcare – PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, BANFIELD® Pet Hospital,
CESAR®, SHEBA®, DREAMIES® and NUTRO®; Chocolate – M&M’S®, SNICKERS®, DOVE®,
GALAXY®, MARS®, MILKY WAY® and TWIX®; Wrigley – DOUBLEMINT®, EXTRA®, ORBIT® and
5™ chewing gums, SKITTLES® and STARBURST® candies, and ALTOIDS® AND LIFESAVERS®
mints. Food – UNCLE BEN’S®, DOLMIO®, EBLY®, MASTERFOODS®, SEEDS OF CHANGE® and
ROYCO®; Drinks – ALTERRA COFFEE ROASTERS™, THE BRIGHT TEA COMPANY™, KLIX® and
FLAVIA®; Symbioscience – COCOAVIA® and WISDOM PANEL®.
Mars Canada is a
subsidiary of the US family-owned business known as Mars, Incorporated, one of
the leading global manufacturers of branded products. Established in the late
1940's, our three segments – Petcare, Chocolate and Food help Canadians
celebrate life everyday through food experiences. We are an organization that
is guided by our Five Principles: Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality,
Efficiency and Freedom. It is putting these principles into action that allows
us to make a difference to people and the planet, through our performance.
The Retail Representative within an
assigned territory and is responsible for assigned customers. The key
responsibilities are selling distribution and merchandising products.
- Responsible for suggesting order and selling
presentation programs to customers.
- Presenting and selling booking sheets to
- Maintaining distribution of assigned products
- Ensuring shelves are stocked with all listed
- Refilling of merchandiser fixtures, including
Mars Canada racks as well as working with the customer to secure secondary
space for building of display
- POS where applicable
- Rotation of products both on-shelf and in
backroom to ensure optimal product quality and freshness
- Maintain appropriate data either through
hand-held technology or in paper form as determined by the business
- Proper territory management through customer
coverage that involves efficient and effective use of time and
- Must plan and organize route schedule
according to company call coverage model, complying with the frequency and
time-in call for each banner.
- Keep DSM up-to-date regarding territory
- Maintain an adequate stock of relevant
merchandising supplies and POS materials.
- Ensure Retail Representative Sales Manual is
maintained and kept up to date with relevant information.
- Follow company procedures for processing
- Read through and understand content of weekly
- May be responsible for supporting special
projects for Sales team as assigned
- All other duties and responsibilities as
- Marketing Teams
- Other responsibilities
Technical Knowledge and Skills
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to merchandise products
in a variety of outlets
- Good written and verbal communication and
one-on-one presentation skills
- Ability to store display materials/POS at a
secure/personal location at no cost to the business
- Demonstrated self-motivation with the ability
to execute a distribution/display plan with limited supervision
- Ability to lift product (maximum lifting
requirement 50 pounds)
- Ability to drive approximately 100 km daily
while making sales calls
- Ability to sustain repeated movement which
includes but is not limited to in and out of car movement, bending,
leaning, reaching, pushing, pulling and grasping motions
- Ability to use hand tools like Scotty peelers,
pliers, wrenches and screw drivers to assemble displays
- Ability to secure level of vehicle insurance
coverage as determined by Company
- All other duties and responsibilities as
- Responsible for following all Quality and Food
Safety Policies and applicable procedures.
- Preferences will be given to a bilingual
candidate in French and English
A criminal records check will be required for this position.
Mars is an equal
opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the
application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The
company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be
penalized as a result of such a request.
Mars Canada is
committed to equity in employment and diversity. Mars Canada will provide an
inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility
needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility
for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require a disability-related
accommodation during this process, please inform Mars Canada of your
requirements. For more information please review Mars
Canada'sAccessibility Policy and address any questions about that policy