A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
Mars has net sales of more than $33 billion, operates six business segments including Petcare, Chocolate, Wrigley, Food, Drinks, Symbioscience, and more than 75,000 Associates worldwide that are putting its Principles into action to make a difference for people and the planet through its performance.
Mars brands include: Petcare – PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, BANFIELD® Pet Hospital, CESAR®, SHEBA®, DREAMIES® and NUTRO®; Chocolate – M&M’S®, SNICKERS®, DOVE®, GALAXY®, MARS®, MILKY WAY® and TWIX®; Wrigley – DOUBLEMINT®, EXTRA®, ORBIT® and 5™ chewing gums, SKITTLES® and STARBURST® candies, and ALTOIDS® AND LIFESAVERS® mints. Food – UNCLE BEN’S®, DOLMIO®, EBLY®, MASTERFOODS®, SEEDS OF CHANGE® and ROYCO®; Drinks – ALTERRA COFFEE ROASTERS™, THE BRIGHT TEA COMPANY™, KLIX® and FLAVIA®; Symbioscience – COCOAVIA® and WISDOM PANEL®.
Mars Canada is a subsidiary of the US family-owned business known as Mars, Incorporated, one of the leading global manufacturers of branded products. Established in the late 1940's, our three segments – Petcare, Chocolate and Food help Canadians celebrate life everyday through food experiences. We are an organization that is guided by our Five Principles: Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom. It is putting these principles into action that allows us to make a difference to people and the planet, through our performance.
Retail Representative Part Time - Mars Petcare
Location/Territory - Scarborough
The Retail Representative Is responsible for selling and merchandise retail outlets in an assigned territory representing.
The Retail Representative within an assigned territory and is responsible for assigned customers. The key responsibilities are selling, distribution and merchandising.
Selling and Distribution:
- Responsible for suggesting order and selling presentation programs to customers.
- Presenting and selling booking sheets to stores.
- Maintaining distribution of assigned products
- Ensuring shelves are stocked with all listed product
- Refilling of merchandiser fixtures, including Mars Canada racks as well as working with the customer to secure secondary space for building of display
- POS where applicable
- Rotation of products both on-shelf and in backroom to ensure optimal product quality and freshness
- Maintain appropriate data either through hand-held technology or in paper form as determined by the business
- Proper territory management through customer coverage that involves efficient and effective use of time and resources.
- Must plan and organize route schedule according to company call coverage model, complying with the frequency and time-in call for each banner.
Communication and Administration:
- Keep DSM up-to-date regarding territory activity.
- Maintain an adequate stock of relevant merchandising supplies and POS materials.
- Ensure Retail Representative Sales Manual is maintained and kept up to date with relevant information.
- Follow company procedures for processing credits/rapidrafts.
- Read through and understand content of regular mail packages.
- Special Projects: May be responsible for supporting special projects for Sales team as assigned
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Responsible for following all Quality and Food Safety Policies and applicable procedures.
Key Lateral Responsibilities
- Marketing Teams
- Other responsibilities
Key Critical Competencies
- Customer Focus
- Time Management
Key Technical Knowledge and Skills
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to merchandise products in a variety of outlets
- Good written and verbal communication and one-on-one presentation skills
- Ability to store display materials/POS at a secure/personal location at no cost to the business
- Demonstrated self-motivation with the ability to execute a distribution/display plan with limited supervision
- A phone line that is compatible with a V90 modem (VOIP is not compatible)
- Ability to lift product (maximum lifting requirement 50 pounds)
- Ability to drive approximately 100 km daily while making sales calls
- Ability to sustain repeated movement which includes but is not limited to in and out of car movement, bending, leaning, reaching, pushing, pulling and grasping motions
- Ability to use hand tools like Scotty peelers, pliers, wrenches and screw drivers to assemble displays
Critical Learning Experiences
- Ability to secure level of vehicle insurance coverage as determined by Company
- Valid driver’s license
A criminal records check will be required for this position.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Mars Canada is committed to equity in employment and diversity. Mars Canada will provide an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform Mars Canada of your requirements. For more information please review Mars Canada'sAccessibility Policy and address any questions about that policy toMarsCanada.Accessibility@effem.com.