A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions.
And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s
the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates.
An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those
around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging,
interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to
have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same
time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it
yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened
business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a
single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab
everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term
gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure
because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s
that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to
work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
Mars has net sales of more than $33
billion, operates six business segments including Petcare, Chocolate, Wrigley,
Food, Drinks, Symbioscience, and more than 75,000 Associates worldwide that are
putting its Principles into action to make a difference for people and the
planet through its performance.
Mars brands include: Petcare –
PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, BANFIELD® Pet Hospital, CESAR®, SHEBA®,
DREAMIES® and NUTRO®; Chocolate – M&M’S®, SNICKERS®, DOVE®, GALAXY®, MARS®,
MILKY WAY® and TWIX®; Wrigley – DOUBLEMINT®, EXTRA®, ORBIT® and 5™ chewing
gums, SKITTLES® and STARBURST® candies, and ALTOIDS® AND LIFESAVERS® mints.
Food – UNCLE BEN’S®, DOLMIO®, EBLY®, MASTERFOODS®, SEEDS OF CHANGE® and ROYCO®;
Drinks – ALTERRA COFFEE ROASTERS™, THE BRIGHT TEA COMPANY™, KLIX® and FLAVIA®;
Symbioscience – COCOAVIA® and WISDOM PANEL®.
Mars Canada is a subsidiary of
the US family-owned business known as Mars, Incorporated, one of the leading
global manufacturers of branded products. Established in the late 1940's, our three
segments – Petcare, Chocolate and Food help Canadians celebrate life everyday
through food experiences. We are an organization that is guided by our Five
Principles: Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom. It is
putting these principles into action that allows us to make a difference to
people and the planet, through our performance.
Retail Representative - Canada - Sudbury South Territory
The Retail Representative Is
responsible for selling and merchandise retail outlets in an assigned territory
representing both Wrigley and MARS Chocolate.
The Retail Representative within an
assigned territory and is responsible for assigned customers. The key
responsibilities are building relationships, selling, distribution and
- Responsible for suggesting order and selling
presentation programs to customers.
- Presenting and selling booking sheets to
- Maintaining distribution of assigned products.
- Selling new innovation.
- Ensure promotional & seasonal compliance
within designated retail outlets
- Ensuring shelves are stocked with all listed
- Refilling of merchandiser fixtures, as well as
working with the customer to secure secondary space for building of
- Utilize POS for effective merchandising and
- Rotation of products both on-shelf and in
backroom to ensure optimal product quality and freshness
- Maintain accurate and appropriate data
through hand-held technology as determined by the business
- Proper territory management through customer
coverage that involves efficient and effective use of time and
- Must plan and organize route schedule
according to company call coverage model, complying with the frequency and
time-in call for each banner.
- Ensuring adherence to allocation of time based
on priorities established by the segments.
- Keep DSM up-to-date regarding territory
- Maintain an adequate stock of relevant
merchandising supplies and POS materials.
- Follow and adhere to company policies (time,
expenses, product waste, mileage etc.)
- Follow company procedures for processing
- Read through and understand content of
communications and priorities directed to the field.
- May be responsible for supporting special
projects for Sales team as assigned
- All other duties and responsibilities as
- Communication with Sales Organization
- Other responsibilities as defined including
Engagement Action Planning
- Customer Focus
- Effective communication
- Priority setting
- Selling and negotiating
- Drive for results
- Bilingual as required
Technical Knowledge and Skills
- Able to use company standardized software
including SFA and Outlook
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to merchandise products
in a variety of outlets
- Good written and verbal communication and
one-on-one presentation skills
- Demonstrated self-motivation with the ability
to execute a distribution/display plan with limited supervision
- Ability to lift product (maximum lifting
requirement 50 pounds)
- Ability to drive approximately 100 km daily
while making sales calls
- Ability to sustain repeated movement which
includes but is not limited to in and out of car movement, bending,
leaning, reaching, pushing, pulling and grasping motions
- Ability to use hand tools like , wrenches and
screw drivers to assemble displays
- Ability to secure level of vehicle insurance
coverage as determined by Company
- Valid driver’s license
A criminal records check will be
required for this position.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer
and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you
need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a
disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide
such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a
Mars Canada is committed to equity in
employment and diversity. Mars Canada will provide an inclusive and barrier
free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance
with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with
Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require a disability-related accommodation
during this process, please inform Mars Canada of your requirements. For more
information please review Mars Canada'sAccessibility Policy and address
any questions about that policy to MarsCanada.Accessibility@effem.com.