Amutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
Mars has net sales of more than $33 billion, operates six business segments including Petcare, Chocolate, Wrigley, Food, Drinks, Symbioscience, and more than 75,000 Associates worldwide that are putting its Principles into action to make a difference for people and the planet through its performance.
Mars brands include: Petcare – PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, BANFIELD® Pet Hospital, CESAR®, SHEBA®, DREAMIES® and NUTRO®; Chocolate – M&M’S®, SNICKERS®, DOVE®, GALAXY®, MARS®, MILKY WAY® and TWIX®; Wrigley – DOUBLEMINT®, EXTRA®, ORBIT® and 5™ chewing gums, SKITTLES® and STARBURST® candies, and ALTOIDS® AND LIFESAVERS® mints. Food – UNCLE BEN’S®, DOLMIO®, EBLY®, MASTERFOODS®, SEEDS OF CHANGE® and ROYCO®; Drinks – ALTERRA COFFEE ROASTERS™, THE BRIGHT TEA COMPANY™, KLIX® and FLAVIA®; Symbioscience – COCOAVIA® and WISDOM PANEL®.
Mars Canada is a subsidiary of the US family-owned business known as Mars, Incorporated, one of the leading global manufacturers of branded products. Established in the late 1940's, our three segments – Petcare, Chocolate and Food help Canadians celebrate life everyday through food experiences. We are an organization that is guided by our Five Principles: Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom. It is putting these principles into action that allows us to make a difference to people and the planet, through our performance.
The Key Account Manager is accountable for delivering business segment objectives and share of customer volume by delivering sales strategic objectives at the lowest possible cost. They are also responsible for developing and implementing comprehensive customer business plans to deliver annual operating plan within trade investment plan.
The Key Account Manager will provide customer(s) with category information in support of growth through management of all Sales fundamentals (Dist, Display, Shelf, Price, Promotions) against annual business priorities as well as manage day to day relationship directly with account and manage internal communication needs (includes customer procurement function, internal forecasting function (CAS).) They will leverage multi-functional resource alignment to account to maximize customer engagement and participate in determining strategy by anticipating and advocating for customer needs.
Budgets and Business Planning :
- Manages the trade promotion budget at assigned customers in harmony with Mars policies and procedures and within assigned budgets
- Develops comprehensive customer business plans to deliver all business segment objectives
Category Management :
- Provides their customer with category information and makes recommendations for Category growth.
- Responsible for continually increasing the use of technology and category management tools (fact based selling) in the analysis and presentation of their business internally and with their customer to achieve all business segment objectives
- Provides timely information, category expertise and priorities, along with retail organisers and sell sheets to the retail sales organisation (Merchandisers, Reps and DSM’s) in addition to consolidating and reporting on retail feedback on executional issues and opportunities.
Customer Management :
- Active involvement to optimise customer service levels and efficiency in order to help minimise total delivered cost
- Uses all internal resources to understand and leverage customer strategies to successfully sell business segment programs and initiatives
Information Management :
- Provides the Petcare segment with recommendations on account business opportunities
- Utilises available information to capture Mars and competitive sales strategy tracking at the customer level
Special Projects :
- Helps develop route to market policies and insights with Supply Chain and National Retail Manager
- May be responsible for supporting all other sales productivity and initiatives as required
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Responsible for following all Quality and Food Safety Policies and applicable procedures
Key Lateral Responsibilities
- Develop and help implement retail strategies
- Play key role in implementing marketing plans, and major new product launches
- Support work with customer service teams on Supply as well as deduction mgt
- Develop and align best route to market for Petcare accounts
Key Technical Knowledge and Skills
- Understanding of key software enablers (Nielsen, etc.)
- Ability to penetrate customers and form relationships at Lower levels of the organization
- Fluent understanding of CAS forecasting and trade management system
- Excellent customer business management skills.
- Category management experience & strong analytical skills an asset
Critical Learning Experiences
- Sales or Marketing or Category Management experience required.
- Prior Account Management experience preferred.
- University degree or college diploma in related field
A criminal records check will be required for this position.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Mars Canada is committed to equity in employment and diversity. Mars Canada will provide an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform Mars Canada of your requirements. For more information please review Mars Canada'sAccessibility Policy and address any questions about that policy to MarsCanada.Accessibility@effem.com.