Are you a production specialist looking to build on your existing skill set and learn from the very best? Do you have fresh ideas about how to innovate on the production floor? Do you have a talent efficiency improvements? If yes, we’re looking for someone like you – read on for more details!
Our client, McCain Foods, is seeking a Production Management Trainee to join their organization. This role exists to strengthen the capability in their plant manufacturing network and enhances the talent pipeline for critical roles such as Plant Managers. The Production Management Trainee will be paired closely with experienced senior subject matter experts within McCain operations and plant teams to learn all aspects of the manufacturing process. You will complete applied learning experiences in manufacturing operations from “field to fork” within our product lifecycle. A heavy focus for this position will look to specific project-based work, such as line rate improvement and bottleneck identification.
- Gain crucial knowledge about process, procedures, methods, and standards by observing experienced staff
- Complete a structured development plan consisting of training courses and applied learning experiences of rotational assignments within the manufacturing process with required assignments
- Organize and lead work teams (up to 40) within assigned focus area
- Build experiences/projects that enhance learning and knowledge transfer
- Organize and lead meetings as required
- Gain a thorough understanding of the manufacturing process, utilizing this knowledge to drive cooperation and increase efficiencies within operations
- Analyze various forms of data to assist in developing action plans (daily and/or strategic)
- Utilize financial understanding to help support decisions made at the plant level, such as cost-benefit analysis
- Plan and execute capital projects up to $1M
- Be a champion of the facility’s sustainable environmental responsibilities
- Explore other facilities within the McCain global network to share ideas on best practices and operations
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Post-secondary degree in Business or Engineering; MBA preferred, Project Management training an asset
- 4+ years of related work experience in a leadership role
- Sound fact-based decision making and problem-solving ability with a focus on delivering results
- Clear understanding of manufacturing business process in a lean manufacturing environment; formal training in Lean Manufacturing desired
- Understanding of statistical process control and data management
- Experience in process design and productivity improvements
- Demonstrated experience leading and influencing others
- Ability to work rotating shifts as required (including weekends)
- Strong organizational, written/oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Ability to interact with employees throughout various levels of the organization
- Team player who is a champion of change
- Ability to travel and willingness to be globally mobile
Drives Engagement: creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives.
Courage: Stepping up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said.
Ensures Accountability: Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
Being Resilient: Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
Customer Focus: Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.