Hain-Celestial Canada, a division of the US-based Hain Celestial Group, is a leading organic and natural products company with operations in North America, Europe and India. We provide consumers with superior food and personal care products for a healthier way of life. We are currently seeking a qualified individual to fill the role of BRAND MANAGER (PERSONAL CARE).
The Brand Manager plans and manages brand portfolio for top and bottom line growth in line with Hain Celestial Canada’s long term vision and annual budget requirements.
Strategic Thinking - 25%
- Interpret long term strategic direction and make strategic choices to maximize innovation, consumer awareness, trial and interaction with brands while meeting financial objectives
- Develop and execute annual and long-range strategic plans including market research and product development to support achievement of targets for Canadian sales, market share and profits (brand P&L)
- Monitor current business identifying key competitive category trends and proactively uncover consumer insights in order to make meaningful recommendations Senior Management
Project Execution - 35%
- Lead multi-functional Business Team on key business initiatives from strategy development through to detailed tactical execution (project management)
- Develops, directs and coordinates marketing activities to accomplish objectives quarterly and annually
- Takes a leadership role in the new product development process, representing Canadian consumer preferences
- Works closely with internal cross functional team to launch new products in a timely and effective manner
- Lead and communicate results of post-analysis review of new product launches at 6 and 12 months to evaluate performance versus plan and identify key areas for improvement for success of future projects
Brand Management - 30%
- Develop, achieve, and manage key financial goals including sales, spending and brand P&L
- Ensures effective control of marketing spend budget, tracking it on a monthly basis to ensure targets are met
- Periodic review of consumer trends, competitive information, market and brand data to ensure the brand is on track to achieve goals or if off track, makes recommendations to correct it
Process Development and Improvement - 10%
- Identify ways in which to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the HCC business
COMPETENCIES (Behavioural & Technical Skills)
- Excellent communication and presentations skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to effectively interact with persons at all levels of an organization
- Business acumen - strong strategic, analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
- General business acumen with a good understanding of financial performance indicators and a results driven orientation
- Desire and competency to lead the organization to achieve brand and company goals
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office applications
- Strong competency with AC Nielsen and Workstation
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Undergraduate Business degree
- MBA considered an asset
- Three years CPG brand management experience; personal care experience highly desired
Hain-Celestial Canada, ULC. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, disability, age, or veteran status. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request.