As the world’s third largest premium spirits company, Beam
Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Consumers from all corners
of the globe call for the company’s brands, including the flagship Jim Beam
bourbon and Yamazaki Japanese whisky, as well as world renown premium brands
including Maker’s Mark and Knob Creek bourbons, Hakushu and Hibiki Japanese
whiskies, Teacher’s, Laphroaig, and Bowmore Scotch whiskies, Canadian Club
whisky, Courvoisier cognac, Sauza tequila, Pinnacle vodka, and Midori liqueur.
The company generates annual worldwide sales of approximately $4.6 billion
excluding excise taxes.
Beam Suntory was created in 2014 by combining the world
leader in bourbon and the pioneer in Japanese whisky to form a new company with
a deep heritage, passion for quality, innovative spirit and entrepreneurial
culture. Headquartered in Deerfield, Illinois, Beam Suntory is a subsidiary of
Suntory Holdings Limited of Japan. For more information on Beam Suntory, its
brands, and its commitment to social responsibility, please visit
www.beamsuntory.com and www.drinksmart.com.
Come inside; join us for an opportunity to stir the world.
Representative, On Premise
Location: Toronto, ON
Reporting To: Field
The Sales Representative’s mission will be to achieve and or
exceed planned territory/provincial objectives by budgets and volume and
maximize brand distribution through personal contact at licensee and retail
What Makes this a
This amazing role provides a platform to showcase superior
communication skills, enthusiasm and a contagious appetite for celebrating
The ability to work with internal key stake holders and
Work Hard. Have Fun. Make a Difference, Fast! That’s our
mantra – and we stick to it! Every Beam Suntory team member is an owner of our
- On-Premise representative will be responsible for calling on
licensed accounts to sell and promote Beam brands. Territory includes 130
on-premise accounts in the GTA (Toronto, North Toronto)
- Consistent and constant pre-planning and review of territory
- Aggressive and dynamic shelf and facing management, menu and
back bar placement maximizing distribution objectives
- Maximize display and merchandising opportunities
- Maximize on-premise and consumer penetration of brands
- Know features and benefits of our brands as well as
- Develop and maintain overall beverage alcohol knowledge
- Recognize competitive activity and assess opportunity for
- Competently conduct on-premise training programs
- Preparation and timely submission of required reports
- Manage budgets to maximize effectiveness
- Ensure all SAP account information is up to date
- Some evening and weekend hours are needed
- Entrepreneurial Approach
- Creating Innovative Solutions
- Beating the Competition….
- Ability to adapt quickly and effectively
- Commercial and Financial Acumen – Ability to consider and
quantify impact of potential risks and / opportunities for the business
- Delivering Results – Achieves goals and meets deadlines.
Streamlines existing processes and procedures.
- Interpersonal Understanding – Develops and maintains
productive internal and external relationships
- Leadership – Inspires and motivates others to perform
- Management of Change – Successfully adapts to changing
situations. Manages ambiguity in the function/ role.
- Strategic Thinking – Thinks broadly in order to solve
problems and provide direction
- Diploma or Degree in Business/Commerce
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook: Microsoft
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Candidate must be physically able to lift 16-18kgs on a
- Minimum of 2 years previously related on premise sales
experience – CPG preferred