Wines Canada is Canada’s leading producer and marketer of wine and wine related
products, with operations in British Columbia, Ontario and Quebec. The
company’s portfolio includes great brands like Jackson-Triggs, Inniskillin,
Ruffino, Robert Mondavi and Meiomi. We offer a wide range of exciting
career opportunities in sales, marketing, operations, production, finance and
administration. As a part of the Arterra team, employees are encouraged to
improve their skills and performance throughout their careers through various
professional and educational development programs. Arterra provides a robust
onboarding program in addition to ongoing training initiatives to help
employees integrate into the organization quickly and maximize their growth
Income & Commodity Tax Manager
Actively participates in all areas of
federal, provincial, international income tax, commodity tax and liquor board
tax compliance and planning matters.
- Reviews corporate income tax and commodity tax returns and payments
including excise tax returns and provincial government and liquor board
reporting and compliance to ensure accurate and timely reporting of taxes.
- Liaises with external tax advisors and consultants as needed.
- Manages government and liquor board audit process and works directly
with government auditors.
- Assists with the development and maintenance of internal controls for
- Liaises with other departments in the company including Legal, Treasury,
General Accounting and Operations.
- Stays informed of tax legislation changes from governments and liquor
boards, performs tax research and identifies tax-saving opportunities for the
- University degree in Finance or Accounting and CPA designation.
- CPA In-Depth Tax Course.
- 5-10 years of applicable experience including industry experience.
- Excellent knowledge of business processes, specifically inventory, sales
and purchases and legal entity financial reporting.
- Experience with JDE, Hubble, Corptax and Taxprep is an asset.
- Experience in the alcoholic beverage industry is an asset.
- Experience in a manufacturing industry is an asset.
- Experience with global transfer pricing is an asset.
- Proficient in Excel.
- Must work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Some evenings and weekend work may be required in order to meet tax
are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that reflects the diverse
population it serves and we encourage applications from all qualified
individuals. We are also committed to preventing and removing barriers to
employment for people with disabilities, and we invite you to inform us should
you have any accessibility or accommodation needs.