Arterra Wines Canada is Canada’s
leading producer and marketer of wine and wine related products, with
operations in British Columbia, Ontario and Quebec. The company’s portfolio
includes great brands like Jackson Triggs, Inniskillin, Ruffino, Robert Mondavi
and Meomi. We offer a wide range of exciting career opportunities in
sales, marketing, operations, production, finance and administration. As a part
of the Arterra team, employees are encouraged to improve their skills and
performance throughout their careers through various professional and
educational development programs. Arterra provides a robust onboarding program
in addition to ongoing training initiatives to help employees integrate into
the organization quickly and maximize their growth potential.
The Production Lead Hand is a position
that may be assigned to an area or specific piece of equipment as the operator,
may train other operators and set up or adjust equipment and support the
production crew, and advise Production Manager and Maintenance Mechanic of any
problems. This position ensures all equipment is operating correctly and
efficiently and also assists with break coverage on the production line.
- Plans daily activities to deliver
finished wine kits to the warehouse in accordance with the daily production
- Works in cooperation with Maintenance
Mechanic to find and fix equipment issues
- Ensures that product quality parameters
are met at all times in the filling and packaging processes by verifying weight
measurements as well as other QC checks as directed.
- Communicates with the Production
Manager on potential filling constraints to assist in organizing the short-term
- Uses inventory principle (FIFO) for
proper raw material rotation.
- In cooperation with the Production
Manager identifies, develops and implements systems to improve inventory
control in raw materials.
- Assures compliance with all
departmental CIP and SIP policies and procedures.
- Applies knowledge and skills to resolve
filling and packaging quality issues.
- Participates in inventory physical
- Assists in break coverage on production
- Notifies production manager in the
event of personnel conflicts
- Any other tasks that may be assigned.
- Manages daily workload and prioritizes
work to be done according to specific deadlines and production schedule.
- Communicates with Kitchener Operations
employees and QA/maintenance staff.
- Substantial attention to detail in all
aspects of duties.
- Trouble shoots and solves problems as
they arise in an efficient and communicative way
- Noisy, physically demanding, repetitive
lifting up to 50 pounds
- Efficiency and effectiveness
- Administrative accuracy
- Yield measurements
- Communications with other employees
- Meet plans and objectives
- Decision making and problem solving
- Experienced forklift operator
- This position may require physical
effort which entails lifting & moving up to and including 50 lbs
- Education: Minimum of Grade 12 or
- Proficiency with AS/400 based inventory
control systems an asset
- Able to begin shift at 4:00AM during vacation and