Andrew Peller Limited's largest production facility in Grimsby, Ontario is seeking a team oriented and safety minded individual to join our Packaging team!
APL is one of Canada's largest and oldest wine companies with a rich heritage in quality wine production. We produce some of Canada's more recognized brands and offer an excellent, challenging and rewarding employment experiences.
The Production Supervisor / Continuous Improvement Coordinator is responsible for direct shift supervision in the Grimsby and Trius bottle shops and to lead the implementation of small continuous improvement projects for the Ontario wineries.
The successful candidate will be accountable for:
- Collaborating with the Packaging Manager to supervise and direct the daily activities of packaging employees at both the Grimsby and Trius winery locations, ensuring completion of daily production orders, while adhering to Health and Safety, Food Safety and Environmental standards & procedures.
- Ensuring a safe and healthy work environment through effective execution of Health & Safety programs in the bottleshop; Promote and ensure safe operation, cleaning and maintenance of production equipment.
- Holding product quality in the highest regard, promote and ensure adherence to food safety and product quality programs including GMPs, HACCP, on-line quality checks and quality wine handling procedures
- Participating in the development of equipment SOPs, lock-out and safe work procedures.
- Supporting troubleshooting and problem-solving processes to resolve equipment and process issues in a timely manner and to maximize line efficiency, up time and production capacity.
- Facilitating departmental meetings to ensure employees receive quality and timely communication and training and to address equipment and employee issues and concerns.
- Assisting in the recruitment, hiring, orientation and training of new bottle shop employees.
- Supporting personal develop of Packaging team members through open communication, team building and skill upgrading, manage employee performance and support annual employee performance reviews
- Promoting a positive department and company culture, encouraging cross functional collaboration, employee accountability, empowerment and engagement.
- Monitoring established key performance indicators including OEE, budget adherence, product losses and labour efficiency and deliver on daily, weekly, monthly and annual KPI and operating targets.
- Creatively and collaboratively identifying cost, quality, safety and efficiency improvement opportunities across Grimsby and Trius winery operations, building a 3-year pipeline of continuous improvement initiatives.
- Leading and executing continuous improvement studies and projects to deliver against annual savings targets, working collaboratively with production employees and management staff across all departments.
- Developing business case justifications for small scale (<$100K each) capital improvement projects.
- Providing site support for continuous improvement activities and initiatives; promote and support principals of lean manufacturing, root cause analysis, value stream optimization and promote a culture of continuous improvement.
- Assisting in special projects as directed by the Director of Operations and Packaging Manager.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications/skills:
- College diploma or university degree in a related field of study
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Food and beverage manufacturing experience an asset
- Strong Knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing systems and continuous improvement methodologies
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills required
- Proficient in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Access)
*Please submita detailed resume and cover letter outlining your qualifications no later thanNovember 4, 2018*
We are conducting an internal and external search simultaneously. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the company's "Employment of Relatives Policy" immediate family of employees who currently work for Andrew Peller Limited or any of its subsidiaries are not eligible for (re) hire. In addition,per our "Internal Job Posting Policy"; internal candidates must have been in their current position for one (1) year and their performance must be in good standing.
Andrew Peller Limited is committed to meeting the needs of persons with temporary and/or permanent disabilities in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We are happy to discuss any need for accommodation in the workplace and will make an effort to meet those needs a timely manner by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility in the areas of information, communications, and employment.