Category Manager Canada
Location: Mississauga, ON
Advantage Solutions is one of North America's leading sales
and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, and
category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and
producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. Advantage Solutions
services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise,
specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and
home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing
consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The Category Manager is responsible for deriving business
insights and actionable recommendations for their assigned client base through
the analysis and integration of sales tracking and consumer/shopper data
Management and Support:
- Proactively develop business growth opportunities from data
analysis and present these to AS sales team and business partners.
- Maintain project schedule by monitoring project progress,
coordinating activities, and resolving problems Manage and maintain ongoing
relationship for category management activities.
- Develop Category Management relationships at customers that
establish AS Category
- Management Team as the go-to resource for Category
Management insights and business process Best Practices.
- Determine and quantify primary business opportunities and
key drivers by analyzing data and provide recommendations for business
improvement/growth Support key business opportunities by recommending solutions
based on applicable data
- Define major business opportunities by prioritizing
information to support the goals of our Clients, Customers, and Company.
- Support Client’s shopper insights managers who are leading
custom market research projects, working to synthesize insights and
establishing compelling means of disseminating findings to relevant teams
throughout the Client’s organization.
- Data Collection Provide information for Clients, Customers,
and Business Development
- Managers through the use of syndicated or customer-specific
data sources Meet specific needs of requesting party by determining appropriate
data selection and custom assortment
- Ad-hoc data pulls and queries from Client’s proprietary
syndicated data tracking tool---to inform category stories and strategies at
customers, monitor shopper responses to customer tactics, answer customer
specific questions, track the success of innovation launches, fill Nielsen data
gaps to broaden understanding of the retail landscape.
- Development of “Basic Training” reports as directed by each
Client manager (e.g. succinct decks to inform the organization on relevant
topics of broad interest such as shopper groups, retailer activity, etc.)
- Work with other relevant data bases, as appropriate
---shopper loyalty card data, syndicated data, specialized data bases (e.g.
Amazon data base for online position)
- For assigned clients, communicate business opportunities and
recommend action plans by working with Clients, Customers, Client Directors
and/or Customer Development Managers.
- Assume the Lead Role as part of the Sales Team in presenting
insights, strategies and tactics to business partners
- Education: BA/BS degree in Marketing/Social Sciences
- Minimum of 2+ years of increasing market research experience
with a proficiency in project management.
- Demonstrated success at project management and ability to
- Technical experience with consumer panels and/or shopper
loyalty card data bases is beneficial.
- Prior experience with “retailer” orientation and/or field
sales team a strong plus.
- Superior knowledge and application of software packages such
as PowerPoint and Excel.
- Strong written communications and compelling presentation
- Demonstrated ability to ask insight-minded questions,
self-motivate and work independently.
The above statements are intended to describe the general
nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position.
They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties
and skills required of associates so classified.
Service Excellence, Results, Integrity, Entrepreneurial
Focus and Leadership: These are our values at ASM Canada, Inc. "Winning
Together" is more than just words on a piece of paper. It is the vision by
which we live our mission as an organization: "To create outstanding value
for clients and customers through superior sales execution, operational
excellence and innovative marketing services."
Advantage Solutions is committed to providing equal
opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color,
national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental
disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment,
ASM shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an
applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions
of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by