Together in partnership, Acosta Canada andSmucker Foodsof Canada are building the “A” team of In-field Retail Sales Representatives. Are you looking for a new retail challenge that fits your lifestyle– a rewarding job that allows you to be independent and build new relationships?
If so, Acosta Canada, an industry leader providing in store sales, marketing and service, dedicated to achieving success for its clients andSmucker whose products have been in Canada for over 20 years and are now a market leader in jams, jellies, fruit spread, ice cream toppings and even pet foods. Acosta, in partnership with Smucker is offering an opportunity to create excitement and connections and make an impact at store level.
We are looking for passionate and energetic people with a natural curiosity to understand consumer purchasing decisions and to know that they can make a difference through excellent in-store execution. Our opportunities offer the ability to continue to grow by adhering to the Smucker Basic Beliefs of Quality, People, Ethics, Growth and Independence. If you are interested in making a connection with us, we have the perfect experience for you:
We are currently looking for a Part Time Retail Sales Representative to represent our client, Smucker Foods of Canada in theKelowna region and throughout BC Interior.
As a Retail Sales Representative you will have the unique opportunity to enhance the current business strategy through the rigorous development of direct sales, merchandising and POS placement. As a member of Acosta’s vibrant Smucker sales team, you will interact enthusiastically with clients in the Retail Channel to execute sales. We will be counting on you to implement several creative and guided strategies such as tackling volume opportunities, sharing superior knowledge to ensure product and distribution, and providing superior customer service.
- Be the primary driver of brand growth by category for designated accounts within your territory
- Through relationship building, secure retailer support for promotional programs
- Be an expert in execution of core program fundamentals for optimal attraction such as: distribution, shelf-management, planograms, pricing, merchandising, POP material
- Execute and deliver retail coverage as per plan for efficient and effective call frequency and length
- Utilize strong presentation skills to deliver brand presentations to retail management and decision makers
- Provide timely follow-up on store activity to customer teams through call reports
- Resolve all store level issues and problems exhibiting a sense of urgency and professionalism
Additional Skills/Knowledge Requirements
- As part of your recipe for success, you understand the importance of being organized and managing your daytime and completing priorities
- Have the ability to use solid negotiation skills and objection handling techniques during challenging times
- Essential use of highly effective verbal communication skills in order to develop rapport and credibility
- Previous positive experience with direct sales in retail environment
- Team focused and customer service focused
- Valid driver’s license and exclusive use of a reliable vehicle
- Able to perform all physical aspects of the position – bending, lifting