Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can you use the site just as a networker?
Absolutely! One of the main goals of CPG Connect is to create a central place for CPG Professionals to stay in touch and communicate with each other. In fact, creating a job seeker profile on CPG Connect is completely optional. The only time when you would need to complete a job seeker profile would be if you were applying for a job on CPG Connect.
2. Will employers think I'm 'looking' if they see my networking profile on CPG Connect?
CPG Connect has been very diligent with communicating the dual uses of CPG Connect to Employers. They are aware that CPG Connect is both a networking and job board site. There shouldn't be any issues with your employer thinking you are looking for a new job if they see your networking profile online.
3. Can I block my employer from seeing my job seeker profile?
Absolutely. To block an employer go to the "Company Blocking" link on your career centre home page and select the company that you would like to block.
4. Can I block individuals (including HR Professionals from my company) from seeing my networking profile?
Absolutely. To block individuals from seeing your profile go to the "Privacy" tab in your Networking section and type in the names of the individuals you would like to block.
5. Do I have to upload a resume?
You only need to upload a resume if you are trying to apply for a job on CPG Connect. If you are just browsing or networking, you do not need to upload a resume.
6. Will you be selling my information/ resume to recruiters?
7. Can I hide my resume from coming up in searches or hide my contact information on my resume?
Yes. You can set privacy settings on your resume in the "Resume & Contact" link on your career centre home page. You can make your resume Confidential (registered employers can view your resume but NOT your contact details) or you can make your resume Private (your resume will not be included in the searchable database).
8. Are there any fees to use CPG Connect?
No. There are no fees. The site is free for Professionals.
9. How do I delete my profile?
Profiles cannot be deleted, but they can be hidden. Here's how:
If you have a networking profile and you don't want it coming up in searches all you have to do is change your setting on who can see you in searches in the privacy tab of your networking section to "No One".
If you don't want your resume/ profile coming up in searches all you have to do is change your resume & contact information privacy setting to "Private" on your career centre home page.
10. Can everyone see the information that I include in my networking profile?
You can specify who can see your information. Preferences can be set in the Privacy tab of your networking section.
11. Will people I don't know be able to find me in searches and send me unsolicited notes?
12. What happens if I add a company to my Block List before they join CPG Connect and then they join the site with slightly different spelling? Will they still be blocked from seeing my profile/ resume?
Yes, companies you add to your Block List will remain blocked even if you add a company before they join the site with slightly different spelling. Once a company joins, CPG Connect cross references any additions of the company name to user's Block Lists and synchronizes everything on the back end.