Boehringer Ingelheim Global: Top 20 researched based pharma company
• Boehringer Ingelheim is one of the world's 20 leading pharmaceutical companies. Headquartered in Ingelheim, Germany, it operates globally with 145 affiliates and more than 42,000 employees. Boehringer Ingelheim is a research-driven company dedicated to researching and developing, manufacturing and marketing pharmaceuticals that improve health and quality of life.
• Boehringer Ingelheim is the world’s largest privately owned research-based pharmaceutical company.
• Main business areas are Human Pharmaceuticals and Animal Health, focusing on innovative drugs that represent major therapeutic advances.
• Globally, the Human Pharmaceuticals business consists of:
o Prescription Medicines
o Consumer Health Care
•Operations (Pharma Production and Chemical Production)
• BI is among the top 10 CHC manufacturers globally
Boehringer Ingelheim Canada: Establishing a Canadian CHC business
• With its Canadian headoffice in Burlington, Ontario, Boehringer Ingelheim Canada Ltd. (BICL) businesses consist of Prescription Medicines and Animal Health.
• BICL is looking to make significant investments to establish a Consumer Health Care (CHC) business in Canada.